My newest BFF!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hey, everybody...meet Bishop!
He's an approximately 5 yr old shepherd mix, but the shepherd is very dominant. We have no idea what he's mixed with, but it seems to be giving him his small (but mighty) stature.
20220617 164600
I adopted him from our local humane society on Fri. He has a rather sad story. He was hit by a car on the main street of town, which is very busy with traffic. This happened in April. The shelter went to get him out of the street since he was seriously injured and couldn't walk. They immediately took him to the vet, who diagnosed a fractured pelvis and femur.

Surgery was done, and he stayed at the vet until last week to stay on crate rest and be given physical therapy on his leg.

Later on the day he was hit, his owner came by the shelter demanding to know where he was and to take him home. The shelter told him that he was seriously injured and at the vet having surgery. His response "I'm not paying for that!". So the shelter said "I guess we have another dog then".

He is the sweetest, most laid back, easy going shepherd I've ever known. The vet staff were impressed that he allowed all their ministrations without a whimper. I just brought him home Fri, and left him loose in the house with my other 2 small dogs while I went to church this morning.

When his fur grows in and I get a couple lbs on him, he is going to be gorgeous.

I couldn't be happier with him! He's a keeper!
20220617 191822

20220618 145749

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, he's so cute! Makes you wonder what kind of life he had before that they gave him up without a fight.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
And people wonder I love animals so much but not humans. I would and have paid dearly for my pets.
Glad you got him. He is a cutie.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Aw, he's so cute! Makes you wonder what kind of life he had before that they gave him up without a fight.
I was told that he lived outside with 5 or 6 other shepherds. But he seems to understand indoor living, so I wonder if that's true.

There hasn't been an accident, he was left at home for several hours this morning, he knows "sit",...it's hard for me to believe he has lived outside.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
And people wonder I love animals so much but not humans. I would and have paid dearly for my pets.
Glad you got him. He is a cutie.
I know what you mean. Last year I authorized and paid for surgery for my 15? year old dog, to the tune of $3600. Some people think I was nuts.

I think I'm so glad he's still with me. He's ready to go any time, anywhere, he enjoys life..he certainly didn't deserve to be allowed to bleed to death.

When the vet told me the cost prior to surgery, I didn't hesitate a moment. He is a precious life, and I love him dearly.