My official p.pardalis leopard tort page

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Thanks for the compliment guys. Some people may notice a few tortoises missing. The day before I moved to my knew house in April I had 4 leopards (and a few hermanns) stolen from my old house. Apparently someone in the neighborhood new we were moving and took the opportunity to walk away with two handfuls of tortoises. I was incredibly upset and it took the wind out of my sails for a while. But God restores all that is lost so I wasn't going to dwell on it long. I'm still grateful for the ones I do have and they really bring me a lot of joy. I can't wait to produce some pure PP babies possibly next year. My young PP female is on track to breed in the next 18-24 months but I'm still on the look out for adult PP female to put with my group. That's been the #1 goal from the beginning, to produce smooth growing baby PP leopards for all the south african enthusiast. Again thanks for the compliments and I'll be doing more frequent updates now that life is starting to slow down a litte (I think lol) ;) :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Thanks for the compliment guys. Some people may notice a few tortoises missing. The day before I moved to my knew house in April I had 4 leopards (and a few hermanns) stolen from my old house. Apparently someone in the neighborhood new we were moving and took the opportunity to walk away with two handfuls of tortoises. I was incredibly upset and it took the wind out of my sails for a while. But God restores all that is lost so I wasn't going to dwell on it long. I'm still grateful for the ones I do have and they really bring me a lot of joy. I can't wait to produce some pure PP babies possibly next year. My young PP female is on track to breed in the next 18-24 months but I'm still on the look out for adult PP female to put with my group. That's been the #1 goal from the beginning, to produce smooth growing baby PP leopards for all the south african enthusiast. Again thanks for the compliments and I'll be doing more frequent updates now that life is starting to slow down a litte (I think lol) ;) :p
How utterly sickening! :(
I'm so sorry about the theft, some people are just opportunist monsters.
It's great you have got through this and still find joy and gratitude for what you do have.:)
Good luck in achieving your goals.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
It's been a while since I updated this thread and I plan on doing a good thorough update soon. But in the meantime I wanted to show y'all an unexpected occurrence. I had yet another surprise and one of my young "potential" females turned out to be male.
During its soak this guy flashed me and confirmed it's sex. I thought between the round shapes, reduced scute pattern, and anal scutes that it was destined to be female. Only in the past few weeks has its tail grown at all. For the longest it looked like a juvie female tail

PP leopards are really truly difficult to sex. I've pretty much been wrong for every single guess so far lol.

Here are some pictures of the newly discovered male ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480297737.104251.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480297752.151783.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480297771.387388.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I've noted the same difficulties sexing SA leopards. Funny how most seem to turn out male.

Sorry to hear about the stolen tortoises. I've had that happen before and it still remains one of my worst fears.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I've noted the same difficulties sexing SA leopards. Funny how most seem to turn out male.

Sorry to hear about the stolen tortoises. I've had that happen before and it still remains one of my worst fears.
They really are very tricky to sex. I've only ended up with two confirmed females so far. I've decided to raise up another group of 4-6 in hopes of a few more females.

I still think about my stolen tortoises all the time. I hope they are at least alive and healthy somewhere, even if not with me. Though I doubt that's likely

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Ok TFO family here are some pictures of my remaining PP Leos with a short description. The move to my new house this year seemed to slow the growth rate in some but I'm still happy with their progress. There is only one unknown sex left so I'm anxious to find out for that one so I can decide on how many others I would like to raise up this upcoming year. I'll be obtaining 5-6 new PP babies from trusted sources in hopes of quickly raising up some new females based on my new methods and knowledge acquired over the years.

First we will start with my largest male PP "Fonzie". To call him a stud would be an understatement! Love this guy

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337301.521457.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337315.434985.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337326.622552.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337342.125105.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337353.937206.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Next is my largest PP female. Although she has passed up a few of my small PB females she still needs another few inches of growth before breeding. Perhaps next Year. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337580.155525.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337621.525269.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337636.074176.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337647.161762.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337660.629060.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
This is my second largest female. She is my "spotless" PP that lacks the typical double dot pattern on her vertebral scutes. Regardless she is a pure PP and turning out to be quite beauty

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337850.779738.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337864.581182.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481337877.609491.jpg