My RT favourite place to poo is on her food!

Rachaelxxx

Location (City and/or State)
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi all,

My RT has started doing the toilet in her food bowl and it's really gross. I often have to throw out her fresh food because of it. I don't know why she doesn't use her water bowl or anywhere else in her enclosure. I bathe her nearly every day as well to stimulate her bowels so I don't know how else to avoid this.

Any advice would be helpful thanks!!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Rachaelxxx , and a very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I do not think much can be done about your tort's issue. But at the same time you could give her the daily soak in warm water FIRST THING in the morning. This could make her poop. Unfortunately, torts cannot be trained like cats and dogs. Too bad.

Please post pics of your tort and her enclosure and read the "Beginners Mistakes"" Thread.

Keep us updated.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I agree that there's not a lot you can do. Food going in = poop coming out; often simultaneously.

A twenty minute soak first thing in the morning usually ensures poop in the bath water instead and might help.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
redfoot, huh? yup, when he does not want the food he poops on it, because he is pissed that is opuntia and not a fruit. they are naughty! how old, how big, what do you feed?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And never forgetting that Red Foots, in particular, have a reputation for eating poop... even truly disgusting cat poop :rolleyes: