My Russian Tortoise is not eating. I'm very worried!

Ivan Sarbinov

Location (City and/or State)
New york
I have an idea!! I think it might be from the paint I used to paint the table? Slim chance but worth a shot right? I am going to move him to big 70 gallon tote for a day or two.

Ivan Sarbinov

New york
Hi guys thanks for all your help , but I need to ask just one more question. From what has been posted on this thread do you beleivw that this tortoise is sick. Please answer quick as tomorrow is last chance to return him!!

PS he has developed pretty substantial shedding. No other changes in behaivior or improvements to report.

daniellenc

Maryland
It took my tort 3 weeks to really start eating well and a good 2 weeks to produce feces. Maybe add more hides, plants, and bump up soaking.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
I hope someone is still watching this thread because my tortoise still won't eat. Any suggestions? Also when is time to throw in the towel and take my guy to the vet?
My tort's favorites are mango, okra, cremini mushrooms, and Mazuri kibble. Keep trying new things. You'll find something. Just keep trying. I gave mine twice daily soaks for the first two years or so.

Mys

I used to use a similar substrate and my tortoise wouldn't eat if there was dirt all over his food. Is there dirt getting in his food? We now use bark