My Russian tourtise- I am an overthinker and need help.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I'm actually using cypress mulch. I used the wrong "c" word apparently *facepalm*
I know what you mean. I hate spell check. I'm sure you've been able to manage your way around the TFO though by now.☺ Best hopes and prayers for your baby.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's just blowing me away honestly. I never would have thought he could be wild caught. We did so much reasearch on who we were buying from to try and prevent this. Its crushing me a little. I feel awful.
My little Russian is wild caught too probably...I don't regret rescuing him for one second. He had 2 choices. Me or his shell falling apart in the wild. Even while in the wild his shell was developing holes, probably from a lack of habitat. Almost all of that has healed over time. I don't really like that people are doing this but my little guy probably wouldn't have survived anyway. So don't feel awful. Like Yavonne said consider the darling a rescue.

mads3732

Harrington
They usually have rough, beat up shells.
My little Russian is wild caught too probably...I don't regret rescuing him for one second. He had 2 choices. Me or his shell falling apart in the wild. Even while in the wild his shell was developing holes, probably from a lack of habitat. Almost all of that has healed over time. I don't really like that people are doing this but my little guy probably wouldn't have survived anyway. So don't feel awful. Like Yavonne said consider the darling a rescue.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that so much.