My son is coming home in a few weeks from Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Hi all. Thanks so much for all the prayers for my kids. My daughter has been home from deployment for several weeks. I talked to my son today and he will be coming home in a few weeks. I can't give exact date but wont be long. It has been a long hard year. He told me he is getting promoted to sargent and is getting the bronze star of valor. I am so proud of my kids, can you tell? Just wanted to share the good news. I will continue to pray every night for all our troops till they all come home.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Thank you for your family's sacrifices...and God Bless them. I thank and prayer for all Soilders every night. I am glad he will be home safe soon.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
Missy said:
Hi all. Thanks so much for all the prayers for my kids. My daughter has been home from deployment for several weeks. I talked to my son today and he will be coming home in a few weeks. I can't give exact date but wont be long. It has been a long hard year. He told me he is getting promoted to sargent and is getting the bronze star of valor. I am so proud of my kids, can you tell? Just wanted to share the good news. I will continue to pray every night for all our troops till they all come home.

That's great news! My soldier leaves in October for Saudi.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What wonderful news Missy. I'm so happy for you and your children. Let them know that we are proud of them too for all that they've done for our country. :)

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Wonderful news! So happy for you. Thank your kids for their service for us.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Please tell your kids I said thank you. I am so glad people choose to serve our country. I am not that brave. And you should be very proud of your kids. You must have been a great mom.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That is great news. Will he get to stay home or is this just a "vacation"?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Jacqui said:
That is great news. Will he get to stay home or is this just a "vacation"?

His 1 year deployment will be done. I'm sure if he stays in he will be deployed again at some point. He has talked about staying in and going to special forces selection and he has also talked about getting out and going to school. Can you guess what I choose, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.