My son wanted a turtle

Gerorges tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore
My son has been wanting a turtle / Tortoise since he was 2 years old, I waited 4 years... so anyways trying to figure out what kind this one is because the seller said it was a hermann tortoise but it doesn't look like any of the pictures online please help... he has red in its shell and on neck and eyes

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Sorry about that I posted a video I guess it did not work.. here is a photo hopefully it will load. And we live in Baltimore maryland.
That is a Central American Wood turtle. Not a tortoise. Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima manni

Care would be similar to our box turtles. They need a combined water/land enclosure.

Gerorges tortoise

Baltimore
That is a Central American Wood turtle. Not a tortoise. Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima manni

Care would be similar to our box turtles. They need a combined water/land enclosure.
Thank you Mark, now at least I know something... I wanted tortoise. How much water, I got a little waiting bath that he can go into but not very deep, should it be deeper? How much of a mixed combo are we talking?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Think "bog" not desert!

He needs some space to move and explore, not unlike my little Matilda the box turtle.....but if you want him gone so you can find a Tortoise, I'd be happy to chat, I am only a few miles from you and have been thinking about a wood turtle for a while and he looks like he could use a friend.

jeff