My steppe runners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
It's been a long time since I've been on here. I recently started breeding steppe runner lizards, and have not been able to find much information on them, therefore I'm keeping careful records on how I'm caring for them, their behavior, and breeding.

Here is a pic of one of my females, May, and my male, George, caught in the act..

This is May right before laying her clutch..

24 days after breeding, May laid six eggs!

I put them in a deli cup using Hatchrite reptile egg substrate, and have them in the incubator. They're almost a week old now. I will be candeling them this Sunday. May is already getting big again, most likely with a second clutch that will be laid in a couple weeks :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is so cool. I don't know this species, but I'm a big time lizard lover. Congrats on the eggs. Please show pics of the babies when they hatch!

Too bad you are so far away. I have a huge excess of roaches that I need to unload right now.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Tom said:
This is so cool. I don't know this species, but I'm a big time lizard lover. Congrats on the eggs. Please show pics of the babies when they hatch!

Too bad you are so far away. I have a huge excess of roaches that I need to unload right now.

I definitely will post pics when they hatch :) I wish I was closer too! I feed my beardie roaches, and when I get them small enough, I feed them to my steppe runners.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Check out Blatta lateralis. "Red runners."

They are fast breeders and perfect size for your little lizards. So much better than crickets. The set up and maintenance is really easy.

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I candled May's eggs Sunday night. Out of six four are definitely looking pink, one is hard to tell. It's a darker yellow, and one is very yellow. They were only a week old. They still look nice and plump and have no discoloration.

May is looking plump again as well..almost as plump as she was before she first laid! I'm thinking she is going to clutch again in a couple of weeks :).

Status
Not open for further replies.