My stubburn Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
So this morning to my suprise it has been raining all night and it was cold so before I left for wrok, I put on my rain boots to go check on Vegas to make sure he was inside the warm portion of his enclosure, and to my suprise he was digging in his burrow, all I could see was the dirt he was flicking out.

It was 48 outside at the time and we do have a heat lamp at the entrance of his burrow so I suspect he was warm and that's why he was digging but it drives me crazy when he has a nice warm and dry enclosure but he chooses to stay out and burrow.

So this evening if it's not raining, I will do some quick modifications to his enclosure to ensure that he stays warm in his burrow if that's where he prefers to be.

I had my wife go check on him again and she said he looked okay. She did put food in the dry portion of his enclosure and he was in there eating but I am sure once he is finished he will head back for his burrow..

I will hate to put a door on his enclosure to make sure he stays in there and we have the freezer flaps on there, but I will see...

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
I kno wht u mean this rain sucks plus its cold down south over here too for my sullies luckly they stay in there heated house.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh, those Sullies are full of surprises and keep us tortoise owners on our feet. How much rain do you get there this time of year?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are stubborn sometimes. They just want what they want. I finally just started putting their houses where they wanted to be, instead of trying to make them sleep where I thought they should sleep.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We plugged in his extra heat lamp in his enclosure and I think it was to much for him to resist, found him this morning asleep under the heat lamp instead of his burrow...Still gonna make some mods to his inclosure and figure out a way to improve his burrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.