My sulcata might have breathed in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay44

5 Year Member
My female sulcata named Hector was in her bath to day and I think she breathed in some water while she was drinking. I don't think she breathed in a ton of water but it is still worrying me.she has made some funny noises to during her bath not to sound gross but the type of noises you hear on tv shows when someone is pooping and farting at the same time

And when in her bathe she peed more than I've ever seen her pee before

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
lindsay44 said:
the type of noises you hear on tv shows when someone is pooping and farting at the same time

You need to change your viewing habits, asap.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes, you need to watch her!
When i wash my baby sulcata he tends to relax
And lay down, if you dont keep an eye on
Her she can drown, or even if you have the water to high!
The sound is usaly your baby pushing the water
Out, so be safe and watch her :)

lindsay44

5 Year Member
I am watching her it happened when she was drinking. She put her face under water and was drinking when she was bringing her head back up was when she breathed in water. (she's also been known to blow bubbles in the water, she does this deliberately, I think she thinks bubbles are fun)

Shelly said:
lindsay44 said:
the type of noises you hear on tv shows when someone is pooping and farting at the same time

You need to change your viewing habits, asap.

:) yeah they are comedy shows I sometimes watch with my dad who seems to love that kind of gross humor

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Ohhh, Okay!
As Long as your watching her its okay

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Some sulcatas will submerge their entire head and create a vacuum through their nostrils while they drink...and it is not uncommon for them to drink through their mouth and nostrils simultaneously;)

lindsay44

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Some sulcatas will submerge their entire head and create a vacuum through their nostrils while they drink...and it is not uncommon for them to drink through their mouth and nostrils simultaneously;)
Thank goodness because I was worried sick and was thinking of taking her to the vet tomorrow (and that's never cheap) but better safe than sorry.
Thanks for the help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All sounds normal to me. Mine poop, fart and pee in their soak water all the time.

rk002

5 Year Member
My tortoises find it warm and relaxing in the water so when ever they go in the water they do all those gross stuff. let them do it because it means they are getting a tiny bit healthier. Give them a place to hide too or else they would be stressed out!!! :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.