My terrapin wont eat anything but minced meat and is super lazy

Thatpetdude

Location (City and/or State)
Saudi arabia
So my pet terrapin is extra lazy in the past week exactly barely does anything and only eats minced meat which i read is too fatty can anybody please help?

xMario

Germany
What species of terrapin?
What are ur temps?
Pictures of ur turtle and setup would be great for further help
[emoji16]
So my pet terrapin is extra lazy in the past week exactly barely does anything and only eats minced meat which i read is too fatty can anybody please help?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
By "minced meat" do you mean ground beef? He can't eat that if you don't give it to him.

Once we know what kind of terrapin we can help with diet info.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
i'd guess mauremys …… try live food , worms , a fresh killed minnow , throw a live cricket or bug in the water with him , keep trying softened pellet food , fish or turtle , all he has to do is be hungry one time and try them , he'll like them , hikari cichlid gold is red and it's main ingredient is fish , any turtle I've had will eat it , once in awhile beef liver …...…… don't feed him too often or the same thing to often , or he will get picky …..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Water turtles can only swallow food under water. Can we see pictures of where he lives? a total minced meat diet doesn't provide the calcium he needs for a hard shell and strong bones. Turtles need heat in order to digest their food.