My Terrarium for 0.0.3

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Thanks for posting.

Mind you, I do not believe that glass/transparent enclosures are recommended. Torts do not understand the concept of glass.They would keep struggling to get out. :(

Torts are not all that bright/intelligent. :( ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Knubbelbubbel

Swiss
they have never run into the glass

maybe they are super smart;)

I live in Switzerland.
I unfortunately need a closed terrarium

Knubbelbubbel

Swiss
Its just the front glass and they really stop before the glass i dont know why my kleinmannis see this glass

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is really nice. Good job. The only thing I wish you wouldn't have done is to put sand in there. It causes impaction. Maybe you can do a layer of wood chips on top and pack it down so the sand hopefully stays under it. Be sure not to feed them on the sand would help too.
But otherwise it is beautiful.

Knubbelbubbel

Swiss
No sand?
But did you ever see the habitat from kleinmanni?
They live in desert near coast...

I have sand mixed with loam 5:1 the ground is really hard..
abd they can dig.

Here in europe(swiss,germany,netherland...etc..) most people have sand loam mix.

for me it is interesting how different we cultivate the animals in other countries.

my little kleinmani eat from a plate without sand

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I love your enclosure. I have one Kleinmanni, I would change into similar like yours. Thank you su much for share your enclosure with us.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No sand?
But did you ever see the habitat from kleinmanni?
They live in desert near coast...

I have sand mixed with loam 5:1 the ground is really hard..
abd they can dig.

Here in europe(swiss,germany,netherland...etc..) most people have sand loam mix.

for me it is interesting how different we cultivate the animals in other countries.

my little kleinmani eat from a plate without sand
Sorry, looked like sand too me.
The difference might be that different countries see more of the specific animal and can see what happens to them when they ingest sand. I don't know about your country or some of the others you mentioned, but here in the USA we are big on bringing our pets to the vets when needed and even sometimes when not really needed. That could be the difference too, our vets see more of the results, don't know.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow. Somehow I missed this. Beautiful setup. Big for just the three. Nice to see you provided as large as possible.

What temps are you keeping?

Do you mist the enclosure at all?

N

no one

Georgeous set up!! I would like one like that for my Star Tortoise, only more humid of course.

Salspi

Chicago
What temp gradient and humidity level are you using? I’m amazed at how nice it looks. I’m about to start building my Klienmanni table and I would love some advce.

ShirleyTX

Canyon Lake TX USA
Was just browsing the forum and found your beautiful enclosure. I would love for you to start a new thread and show us how your little ones are doing now.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
It is really nice. Good job. The only thing I wish you wouldn't have done is to put sand in there. It causes impaction. Maybe you can do a layer of wood chips on top and pack it down so the sand hopefully stays under it. Be sure not to feed them on the sand would help too.
But otherwise it is beautiful.
Absolutely beautiful enclosure. Great job. I would ad on top of the sand crushed oyster shells to avoid the sand impaction.