My Tinley Park Pictures (mostly the torts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Was too busy looking today to get as many pictures as I wanted! My head was spinning! There was just so much to SEE. I'm very proud of myself though--I managed to stomp on the urge to bring someone home with me, but as you will see from the pictures, I was VERY close! :D

It was a great day.

Pics:

Seller with very healthy, happy little torts
TinleyNARBCshow027.jpg

The "puzzle" Greek. This baby had soooo many extra scutes
TinleyNARBCshow005.jpg

Asian Boxies
TinleyNARBCshow006.jpg

Yellow Foots
TinleyNARBCshow007.jpg

Red Foots
TinleyNARBCshow011.jpg

Flat tailed torts
TinleyNARBCshow013.jpg

Cherry Heads (as you can see, I was INFATUATED WITH THEM. I had never seen a baby cherry in person before.)
TinleyNARBCshow010.jpg

TinleyNARBCshow009.jpg

TinleyNARBCshow008.jpg

The one with the really red head, I asked to hold. And it almost did me in! I ALMOST bought this baby. I was literally THIS close to walking away with it. In the end, I just sighed, and snapped a picture---I think that a new forum member brought this baby home though! I'm very happy about that! (she posted about a Cherry they got from Tinley today--I'm PMing her about this thread to see if she confirms it!)
TinleyNARBCshow050.jpg

SUCH a sweet baby! Maybe next year.....

Giant, almost completely smooth sully
TinleyNARBCshow024.jpg

(other animals--a few nice pics)

I think this is a black throat monitor, prolly the size of a small Lab.
TinleyNARBCshow016.jpg

Colombian Tegu (she was pretty, but the Argentines, like my Cleo, are nicer)
TinleyNARBCshow035.jpg

Reticulated Python (albino I think) that was as big around as my thigh! Must have been around 20ft or so (maybe more!)
TinleyNARBCshow030.jpg

One of the oddball animals, a Halloween Crab. He was snatched up right away. I didn't see many crabs there at all....
TinleyNARBCshow040.jpg

Beautiful Zoomed turtle tank. Someday I'd like to have a little musk turtle in one of these
TinleyNARBCshow042.jpg

REALLY giant enclosure that was so pretty, I snapped a pic. It was like, 3,500$ ON SALE! But I think Cleo (my tegu) would have loved it. Ahhhhh someday!
TinleyNARBCshow048.jpg

Big Tree Frog, loose on someones table. I think it was a Whites Tree Frog.
TinleyNARBCshow054.jpg

The common name of these frogs were "Bird Crap Frogs" no kidding! They could have sat comfortably on a nickel! I really wanted one! They were really neat!
TinleyNARBCshow052.jpg

It was a good day. In the end, I came home with some supplies, free samples, business cards, a few pics, and some really awesome memories!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Oh woooow Meg !!! Thanks for sharing those pics, they are awesome !!! I wish they had things like that here in Dubai ! HAHA bird crap frogs, they actually look like a bird has crapped on them, heehee. I LOVE that puzzle Greek, all those scutes are BEAUTIFUL ! So different! And that Tree Frog, how pretty !

T

thejoie

Yes!! That's my LittleFoot! We were in love!!
The fair was REALLY good this year! There were SO many people there!!! I got there at 11 am and there was ONE parking spot in the entire lot. It was insane.
I was a little bummed though, last year there was a guy there with these stunning Ornate Uromastyx. I was fully prepared to bring one home if he was there, but he wasn't :( Oh well, maybe next year...

I'm beyond happy with LittleFoot!!!

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I'd also like to say that I especially like the second to last picture of the Cherryhead Tortoise because of the Sulcata in the background. It looks like the Sulcata's thinking "hey, what about me"? And once again great pictures!

M

Maggie Cummings

I want that flat tailed tortoise. I've never heard of them but that picture just blew me away!

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Whoa! Neat pics. And you have reason to be in love with the lil cherryhead, looked cute in your hand .stunning! And so are the flat tail-crazy looking patterns.
Oh boy, before i read the the caption on the "bird crap frogs"..I swear I thought they were tort stool samples! Bahaha.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wonderful pictures. We're haveing one in Long Island so close to where I live, and I can't go because that is family weekend at my son's college. I am so sad....but maybe it's just as well, because I would deffinately come home with one of those lil Cherries.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Very nice pictures, looked like a bunch of fun, i would of bought one, ha..

The flat tailed tortoises are neat, if i remember right they are in the same family or kind of like spider tortoises, i think robyn has a few and even hatched a few...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow that looks like a fun day! So cool. I love the cases the first pictures had for the torts because they were so neatly arranged.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Meg :)

The frog is a Waxy Monkey Frog, Phyllomedusa sauvagii

Danny

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awesome pictures!!! Look at the teeny tiny torts! *squeal*
Is that Tinley Park as in Illinois??

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Yuppers. It was a 5.5 hr drive for me, one way. SOO worth it. I had a blast.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I'm so sad I didn't know about this!!! Tinley Park is about an hour away from my house and 2 hours away from my apartment at school. I'm so bummed, that would have been awesome to see!!

K412

5 Year Member
VA
Looks like a waxy monkey frog, a really nice looking one too!
I do love the bird dropping frogs, so cute.
Rainforest junkies or Chris Mac maybe? I heard they were going to be there, they have some really incredible frogs.
The flat tail tortoise is adorable! So incredible I have never even heard of them before.
Great pictures!!!!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks! If I ever get a frog species, I swear it will be a bird poop frog. They are too darnadorable.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
I love pixie (african bullfrog) frogs. They get so huge. A pet store in my area has one as a store pet and his name is jabba the hut. So cute

Status
Not open for further replies.