My tortoise got closed eyes...

Location (City and/or State)
Naxxar
Sometimes it open them but 1 of it's eyes are poped out more than the other... Is it blind? what can I do to help it get better?

thanks!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
What kind of lighting you are using?? Did he use his forearm to scratching his eye? Did he move around? Hydrated?

Naxxar
In malta we have lot of sun so in morning i put them out in sun he move aroudn ye and he rarely eat...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Do you know what species of tortoise you have? Care to share some photo of this little guy?

Did you soak him/her?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Do you know Bepanthen?
There is a cream of this mark it calls eyes and noise cream. If you put a bit of this cream on his eyes it could be better

Naxxar
I got other thread with photos... cna you link me hat kidn of cream I need? so hes not blind? its the smaller one

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Haha :-D this thread was very stressful

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Please share a pic of his close eye

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes this it is. Yes it's for human but I asked my animal doctor as one of my ones has eye problem and she suggest it me. It was stressful because you wouldn't understand that your two torts are males!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Does the enclosure have lots of dry substrate in it? Also are there any hides that Horne tortoises can seek shelter in?

Naxxar
Nevermind he died... :'( not my fault the other one is very good this oen rarley eats... this is the one that I otught that was a female :(

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
To make sure you don't lose your other one, please provide pictures (taken today) of your tortoise and habitat and a description of what you are using for heat. This way we can identify symptoms and problems before any get worse. Tortoises are slow to show signs of illness, but may already be sick even if it "looks" fine.

Naxxar
i use the sun to heat in malta we have ltos of sun and we take it out every morning i nthe sun wit hsome logs to hdie under

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi TheConsoleFreak:

I know that you feel you are providing the best care possible for your tortoises, but one died. We tried to help you and give you info on caring for the tortoises on your other thread, but you wouldn't listen. Yes, Malta has the sun. Here in Clovis, California, I also have the sun, and today its supposed to be 103F degrees. BUT, I also have a light over my indoor tortoise habitats so they can sit under the light and warm up.

You need to go back and read what everyone told you about caring for your Egyptian tortoises and make changes to the way you have them set up, or pretty soon you're going to be telling us that the other one has died too.

I'm so very sorry that you lost the one tortoise. That's really too bad.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Any tortoise's lost is sad, but because of the type it is, this one is especially sad. :(