my tortoise is not eating much

Pure Tortoise Power

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
my new tortoise is barely eating please help
Temperature being too low is a main factor. Enclosure's warm side should be at 34°c while cool side at 27.
Another factor is not having adapted to a new environment. To tackle this problem, try to replicate the environment of where you got it from, or simply wait until it's adapted.
Letting it sunbathe also increases its appetite.

BTW, it's not recommended to keep more than ONE tort in the same enclosure, especially when they're different in size, smaller torts always have disadvantage.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Your temps are decent. So now there are 2 possibilities, it hasn't adapted to the new environment, or, worse, it's sick. Let's hope its the first one, if so, it's appetite will return to normal after a week, otherwise, bad news. That's what happened to my sulcata.

In case it's sick, I would put it into another enclosure ASAP if I were you, cos it may affect your other leopard.

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Your temps are decent. So now there are 2 possibilities, it hasn't adapted to the new environment, or, worse, it's sick. Let's hope its the first one, if so, it's appetite will return to normal after a week, otherwise, bad news. That's what happened to my sulcata.

In case it's sick, I would put it into another enclosure ASAP if I were you, cos it may affect your other leopard.
Infect*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like a classic case of keeping tortoises in pairs. I'll bet if you separate them the one that's not eating will eat. Make a whole new enclosure for him and give him some time to realize he's finally rid of that bully tortoise and he'll come around.