My tortoise is not feeling well!!!!

Dotsalot

Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
Hello,
My dot and I need some help... she is a 6 year old sulcata she’s small for her age...
Any way Tuesday started like any other day took her outside.. not in her pin... free roam around. There is an apple tree in a corner that she likes to hang out under... I I try all the time to pick up and get rid of the little apples that fall. It was hot so I brought her back inside... after she came in she pooped like normal... few minutes later she pooped again but this time had some watery poop... to avoid mess everywhere I put her in the bath tub... about 10 minutes of being in there my daughter comes out saying Dot pooped a lot more... got up and saw lots more poop regular to really watery. Notice some undigested greens, apple pieces and little cherry pits!!! I cleaned up the mess and her. Brought her back and she stayed in her box under her light on a puppy pad... she had some lickage with the night... yesterday she was up and was trying to go to her spot and the my girls started yelling SHES GAGING!!!! Dot puked!!! Again I saw apple chunks and cherry pit... she puked last night and made the sounds again this morning... I DONT FEED HER APPLES! I pick them up as much as a can!!! AND I DONT GIVE CHERRIES! She picked the up from birds pooping them!! I called a vet that miles and hours away!! The closest vet is over 6 hours away!!! So please any advice will be wonderful!!!

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Hello,
My dot and I need some help... she is a 6 year old sulcata she’s small for her age...
Any way Tuesday started like any other day took her outside.. not in her pin... free roam around. There is an apple tree in a corner that she likes to hang out under... I I try all the time to pick up and get rid of the little apples that fall. It was hot so I brought her back inside... after she came in she pooped like normal... few minutes later she pooped again but this time had some watery poop... to avoid mess everywhere I put her in the bath tub... about 10 minutes of being in there my daughter comes out saying Dot pooped a lot more... got up and saw lots more poop regular to really watery. Notice some undigested greens, apple pieces and little cherry pits!!! I cleaned up the mess and her. Brought her back and she stayed in her box under her light on a puppy pad... she had some lickage with the night... yesterday she was up and was trying to go to her spot and the my girls started yelling SHES GAGING!!!! Dot puked!!! Again I saw apple chunks and cherry pit... she puked last night and made the sounds again this morning... I DONT FEED HER APPLES! I pick them up as much as a can!!! AND I DONT GIVE CHERRIES! She picked the up from birds pooping them!! I called a vet that miles and hours away!! The closest vet is over 6 hours away!!! So please any advice will be wonderful!!!
I believe the diarrhea would be because of the fruit, I wouldn't think it would be bad unless it is a regular thing. You‘re saying she digested a lot of cherry pits because of eating that much bird poop? Thats very unusual. Are you sure the puking is because of the fruit? I can’t tell you with certainty what is happening (I am sure others will come and help me with that) but I would not let her eat that much bird poop or apples. Just out of curiosity, can I see a picture of the place you are talking about.

Dotsalot

Wyoming
I believe the diarrhea would be because of the fruit, I wouldn't think it would be bad unless it is a regular thing. You‘re saying she digested a lot of cherry pits because of eating that much bird poop? Thats very unusual. Are you sure the puking is because of the fruit? I can’t tell you with certainty what is happening (I am sure others will come and help me with that) but I would not let her eat that much bird poop or apples. Just out of curiosity, can I see a picture of the place you are talking about.

Dotsalot

Wyoming
So far I’ve only seen 3 whole pits. Just little ones. And yes she has this thing about bird poo... it gross!!! I just worried about what’s going on with her! If she gets past this she will be no longer free roaming!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Apple seeds are toxic. Although I'm not sure how much would make a small Sulcata sick.
Also, sugars can't be processed by a Sulcata. And I suppose some pathogens can be passed from eating that much bird poop.
So, while I have a few theories, I have no real idea of what's going on.
If it doesn't clear up in 48 hours. I'd seek out a vet.
Keep the animal well hydrated in the meantime.