My tortoise is sleeping alot... I took him to vet

Ayushjain101

Location (City and/or State)
Kerla
Hello..

My star tortoise is 5 1/2 year old. He was having cold and was looking weak. His hands and legs have been swollen a bit so I took him to a vet. He gave him injection for calcium and then vet told me to bring him for next injection after 3 days. I took my tort for injunction after 3 days and after he gave him the next injunction for cold and after that he is just sleeping. He just wakes up for 2 to 3 min when I pick him up in my hands and then sleeps again. Is it because of his cold injunction? I bask him under light for warm too... He was cool and was eating before the injection for cold but he's just sleeping now... I think vet have gave him wrong injection. I called the vet and asked him about it and she said that as it is a cold dose he is feeling sleepy. What do you guys think?Please help...

vicky219

india
Hello..

My star tortoise is 5 1/2 year old. He was having cold and was looking weak. His hands and legs have been swollen a bit so I took him to a vet. He gave him injection for calcium and then vet told me to bring him for next injection after 3 days. I took my tort for injunction after 3 days and after he gave him the next injunction for cold and after that he is just sleeping. He just wakes up for 2 to 3 min when I pick him up in my hands and then sleeps again. Is it because of his cold injunction? I bask him under light for warm too... He was cool and was eating before the injection for cold but he's just sleeping now... I think vet have gave him wrong injection. I called the vet and asked him about it and she said that as it is a cold dose he is feeling sleepy. What do you guys think?Please help...
You have to search Nagedra yadav on YouTube, may this video know to help you or you can contact with doctor also...

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
What are the temperatures in your enclosure? Can we see some pictures?
I think injections can cause torts to be stressed. When you say cold was your tortoise sneezing? Or did it have bubbles from its nose?

vicky219

india
He just eats cucumber... What should I do? should I try to feed tamato? He is sick so can't bite strong things like ladyfingers.
Mashroom , coriander , padval(like cucumber), pumpkin, tindli its may easy to bite ...
Try avoid tamoto also

Ayushjain101

Kerla
What are the temperatures in your enclosure? Can we see some pictures?
I think injections can cause torts to be stressed. When you say cold was your tortoise sneezing? Or did it have bubbles from its nose?
Its just bubble. No sneezing