My Tortoise Tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear

5 Year Member
I recently(yesterday) got a Russian Tortoise form a local PetCo(ohmygodyoubastard) and George as I have named him is at the moment living in a 54 gal rubbermaid tub.

Pictures:
S6300028.jpg

S6300029.jpg

The bedding is a Mix of Eco-Earth:Top Soil:Sand roughly to the effect of 50%:25%:25%

George has a half log partially buried under that hill that he rules the world from(it seemed a bit snug to me, which worried me, and yet he moves around in it as if he has all the space in the world).

The plants are Aloe plants that have been grown indoors in my house for years and never exposed to pesticides fertilizers or anything else of the kind since.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Nice job.. You will probably be wanting to build something bigger soon! these guys love to cruise.. they are escape artists as well..
Do you have plans for an outside area as well. Sunshine is very important.
Welcome!

Bear

5 Year Member
The outside area is currently in planning. It PROBABLY doesnt have any plants right now, but god only knows what that garden has kept over and spouted out this year around as I havent been in it much. Luckily, my garden was magically built for a tortoise without knowing it. Its fenced in with bricks covering the bottom part of the fence on two sides, a stone wall on the other side, and a smaller stone wall covered with a generic wood fence in the back. I just need to get planting and better separate the "planting" area from the walkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.