My Tortoises Aren't Eating Much

MRCliplef

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Hey Everyone,
I got my cherry headed tortoises a week ago, and they really aren't eating much. Each day they only a couple small pieces of spring mix greens, boiled egg, dandelion greens, and chopped fruit. It may sound like a lot, but, when I go to get rid of un eaten food, there is barely a difference between that amount and the amount I fed them. Should I be worried or give them more time because they are new? I also dust there food with calcium 3 times a week and vitamins once a week.
Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How many tortoises? What size cage? What are the temperatures? Are you using a UV bulb? What type? What type of substrate?

Let's see if we can figure this out.

MRCliplef

Alberta
I have two, two year old rescued cherry headed tortoises. They are in an enclosure that is between 3 and four feet long x two or three feet wide. The temperature stays between 75 and 80 degrees during the day and drops to around 70 at night. They currently have a spiral type light that they came with, but I have ordered a compact Reptisun 5.0 26 watt. And I am not sure of the exact type of substrate, it is what they came with, but I think it is topsoil. I feed them on a rock so that they don't eat the soil.