My tortoises died.

KronksMom

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Yes. Many many people buy pets and simply do what the people who sold them the pet told them to do. And how are they to learn any different if the people who could potentially teach them instead call them names?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is there a "dislike" button? Jackie, this is completely the OPPOSITE of the spirit of this forum. Clearly he feels very badly and will make sure to learn before he buys again.

It's one thing to point out errors and/or give suggestions that may or may not be construed by the recipient as criticism, but to call him an "idiot"? You're scaring away people who are trying to learn so this doesn't happen again.

Not cool.
"Spirit of the Forum" - Good one, @Sa Ga. You're absolutely correct!!!! :)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Thank you everybody for caring about my pets. May they rest in peace. I might've to leave TortoiseForum since I don't know if I'll ever have the guts to buy another tortoise. Anyways, I'll stay for some more time.
Hey. Thank you for coming here and sharing this awful experience with us. We hope that you will stick around and maybe try again, with our guidance perhaps the outcome will be a happy one! Especially if you check with us and send pictures before you make another purchase or rescue. So sorry for your loss.

Tony the Tort42

Southern California
I'm really sorry. I wouldn't quit just yet, it sounds like you just made some mistakes. everyone does, just unfortunately these ones were more deadly. Next time, (if there is one) make sure you know the species so you can give them a happy tortoise home. Im sorry you got bad information.

Finally, Jackie you should be ashamed. This person did their best, and seemingly got very unlucky. Insulting them just rubs it in, and this forum is to help people learn to care for torts. Not to scare them away. Very rude.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G
I'm trying to PM you. Says I can't start a conversation with you?
try it now. I made a couple changes on the admin side. Also, I had a private conversation that I started and didn't send when I pulled up my mail page, and that may be why receiving was stuck.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Awh I am so sorry to hear about your losses. The shopkeeper should've known what he was selling and knew how to give husbandry tips so this didn't happen. I hope someday you are ready for another tort. My turtles light up my dreary world. So sorry ? God bless you

Sa Ga

MN
Awh I am so sorry to hear about your losses. The shopkeeper should've known what he was selling and knew how to give husbandry tips so this didn't happen. I hope someday you are ready for another tort. My turtles light up my dreary world. So sorry ? God bless you

They really do! She seriously IS my support animal and on nights I can't sleep, just holding her and having her nestle in brings me such peace. ❤