My tortoises right eye looks strange

trey329

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai Marina
Hi, my sulcata tortoise, 6 month old, has an odd right eye which I noticed today.
His both eyes were fine when I checked him up last month.

Anyone knows what the problem is? His left eye looks normal.
IMG_20210205_120116.jpg
IMG_20210205_120106.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
It just looks like his 3rd eyelid is partially closed. Maybe a minor irritation, or nothing at all.

I think just leave it alone unless it becomes inflamed or swollen.

If you want to pick up a bottle of this, you could put a few drops in to rinse the eye. Here in the USA we can buy it in well stocked pet stores, or you could order it through Amazon.
20210102_161346.jpg

trey329

Dubai Marina
It just looks like his 3rd eyelid is partially closed. Maybe a minor irritation, or nothing at all.

I think just leave it alone unless it becomes inflamed or swollen.

If you want to pick up a bottle of this, you could put a few drops in to rinse the eye. Here in the USA we can buy it in well stocked pet stores, or you could order it through Amazon.
View attachment 317303
Thank you for your advice.
His eye has been like this for 3 days and I feel getting worse. Fortunately I found same one in where I live.
I'll apply asap

trey329

Dubai Marina

Dong ij

Surabaya
Hi, how is your tortoise now? My tort have same problem. He always wake up with left eye closed and took about 15 mins for left eye to open. After i observe closely, found out that it has white film on left eye. Exactly like yours

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, how is your tortoise now? My tort have same problem. He always wake up with left eye closed and took about 15 mins for left eye to open. After i observe closely, found out that it has white film on left eye. Exactly like yours
This is usually due to low humidity, lack of hydration, and incorrect substrate. Read this for the correct care info: