My Trio of Leo's

Eddie89

5 Year Member
photo (1).JPGphoto.JPGphoto (3).JPGphoto (2).JPG]Hey everybody, haven't been on the forum much lately but wanted to update everyone with my three Leos.

All have been purchased from craigslist over the past year. Their shells are not perfect, the smallest one, Saul, has the smoothest shell of the 3. The biggest light one, Dale, has some pyramiding the guy I got him from kept him in a bath tub with no lighting so it's a miracle he's not way worse off than he is. The medium sized darker one is named Angie, she (I feel like she's a she lol) was re-homed from craigslist at all. She has some pyramiding as well but nothing I cannot help smooth out over the coming years.

All three love each others company which is fascinating to me because I did not know tortoises to be so outgoing to one another. But when I put them in their outside day enclosure, they all end up together at some point it's the funniest thing. When I bring them in at night for their inside sleeping enclosure, they all end up sleeping next to one another in the same corner.

I have to admit, I've had Red Foots, Russians, Herman's and Yellow Foots, and Leo's are by far my favorite. They are so pretty to look at and maybe I'm lucky but the 3 of mine love being handled and eating out of my hand and like me to pet their heads. They are constantly on the move when they're outside (unless its even slightly cold, than they freeze up lol), and fun to watch. I'm biased but I think they are the prettiest tortoise next to maybe Star tortoises.

Anyways enough of my rant, here are a couple pictures for viewing pleasure. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
They are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Your tortoises had a little talk amongst themselves and are all happy that you adopted them. So happy are they, that they decided to all be good and get along. They really are a lovely trio. Nice work. : )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
those are mighty purdy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, you got some beautiful leopards there. Congrats. Do you have an idea of what the sexes are looking like? Hoping you do have a true 1 male to 2 female group:)