My trip to Yvonne's --Picture heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Went on a trip up to Yvonne’s this past Saturday. It was a 564 miles round trip but well worth it.
I thought I would share photos I took of the trip. So here goes:
Ran into rain around Gorman (California Grapevine)
2i9jj94.jpg

Once at Yvonne’s the First Shelled one I met was Dudley
210gcb7.jpg

Here he is on patrol
24zamar.jpg

What a sweetie he is
23iy1e1.jpg

Aldabra and Yvonne’s feet Trust me She looks small here
2aew3k5.jpg

Here she is with Yvonne’s Kitty nose to nose :) and to think she’s only 9
208771i.jpg

Asian Mountain Torts Mating
jt9u2f.jpg

Here he is checking on his lady, what a gentleman
24oahw8.jpg

little Emmy’s growing and eating well now
288s611.jpg

Sideneck in middle of pond
2lkcphk.jpg

Close up of sideneck
2pqmbmc.jpg

Wonderful pens large and lush
w85nvl.jpg

Leopard sunbathing
2iqo56p.jpg

Now this lady has a beautifully marked shell
1252693.jpg

One of the boxies still up
988rjo.jpg

Chewy’s sister- This is especially for TerryO
2euttt5.jpg

Yvonne’s Mare
2n87b53.jpg

this is one of Yvonne’s pretty kitties
nbdquw.jpg

All 8 Baby Texas tortoises (gopherus berlandieri)
30js41u.jpg

Yvonne and her lovely bird houses
4htfso.jpg

I had such a wonderful time and Yvonne was a wonderful tour guide and hostess. Her pens were roomy and her sheds well built and clean. All the tortoises and Turtles look healthy and happy. Even the little ones in the infirmary that are healing from one ailment or another. My one regret is that I didn’t take a picture of her “kitty that wasn’t there” Yvonne told me he/she is shy and never comes out to greet or meet people, he hides. Well we were sitting in her living room when this lovely large, yellow eyed Manx cat came in and let me pet it and was playful and quite entertaining. :D I was so at ease with Yvonne like we had known each other for some time. She helped me mend my Convertible top (Got a few tears) and off I was on the way home.

The route home was through Tehachapi and I ran into fog at the summit
15x1hqh.jpg

Windmills on the hills of California
25ppeeg.jpg

Sunny skies over Mohave
2m504ue.jpg

My two baby Berlandieri home. August is in the corner and October is on the slate
2ykx4kh.jpg

October Eating
10wmbmu.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed sharing my trip. I can’t say enough what a great time I had. :D

Yvonne if you need to add anything please feel free to edit. Yvonne told me each ones names but I am so bad with names and feel bad I can’t tell you the Kitties or Mares names.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Great pictures Robyn, I can't believe you did that round trip in the same day. Where are the pictures of you and Yvonne though. I thought we would get to see both of you. :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Robyn that was the greatest!! I felt like I was there (wish I was). Thank you for a picture of Chewy's sister too. I can't even imagine driving and seeing miles and miles of all that beautiful, spacious country. You are really brave to drive all that way alone too.
Yvonne your pens are unbelievable and all your animals are beautiful....I didn't know you had a horse...although I'm sure you must have mentioned it at some time or another. Thanks for taking us on this wonderful trip with your pictures Robyn.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
You are my idol Yvonne... I love to see a woman like you out alone doing what you do. I feel that way now but at 21 I have a lot to live up to if your my idol. I showed this to my boyfriend and he was like "thats how your gonna be when we have a house". Great pictures Robyn, I'm sure we all wish we could have been there

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just one thing...the indoor invisible cat is Molly, a girl and the mare is April. I so enjoyed our visit. I wish I lived closer to SoCal so I could see all you southerners more often!

(Oh, and the breeding tortoises were Manouria emys emys, or Asian forest tortoises)

What a pretty picture of Little Girl Kitty! It looks like a professional shot. You and your camera do really good work. A couple of the pictures didn't open up all the way, but maybe they will tomorrow.

Here's Robyn:

Robyn.jpg

milky

5 Year Member
@crazy
is it me or the links for the picture is dead?

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
What a beautiful drive you got to take! I've never been to Northern Cali [except for San Fran] but this made me want to go up there oh so much more. We don't have windmills and rolling hills like that down here in SD..

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
WOW Amazing pictures. It looks like you both had a lot of fun :D. Yvonne, All of your turtles and tortoises are beautiful, I do not know why, but Dudley is my favorite one :D He is amazing!!! Your yard is beautiful, I wish I could have one that huge and that nice, It must be so relaxing walking around and looking at all your turtles and tortoises, (but I know it must be a lot of work too, but I am sure it is worth it ;) ).
Robyn, Congratulations!!! August and October are very cute, and I love their names :D.
And What can I say about your car... Wow it is beautiful, I will show the pic to my fiance tonight and I am sure he will love it!! It must be so nice driving it :).
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us and I am glad you had fun :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
It's funny that California is such a big state that it takes all day just to drive less than half the way across. Texas is like that too, as it takes 12 hours just to get across the dang place...:rolleyes:

The pictures were wonderful and the tortoises' obvious good health is proof that Yvonne has them in the proper sub-climates.:D

Dudley has such a self-confident expression; it's almost as if he's related to Bob. And I noticed that the Menourian female wasn't letting mating get in the way of chewing up her grass...I wonder what her thought bubble would say if she had one.:cool:

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Sadly only bits and pieces of the photos came up on my screen. Sure looks neato from the bits I can see!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Robyn - great pictures!! Congratulations on August and October-excellent names and adorable! I couldn't believe how tiny they were when I saw them. I'm happy for you and Yvonne that you got to visit and take the tour. Glad you made it home safe and sound - that is one long a.. drive in a day!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I'll be there Cory. Glad you all enjoyed the pics. The drive was not bad actually and it was beautiful, lots of the trees had fall colors, something I don't get to see too often in So Cal. I really enjoy driving its just something about getting out on the open road putting the petal to the metal and letting the wind blow through your hair (well so to speak). Was a bit too cold to put down the top, not to mention the rain, but Fun none the less. I am glad the pictures helped some of you take the trip with me. I had so many more pics but I thought these told the best story. (for those of you who could not see the pics or they would not open all the way I am sorry.)
Thanks Yvonne for filling in the blanks. I'm just so bad with names. And speaking of names Naming these two was easy when Yvonne told me the months they were hatched in. It just seemed a natural pic. I'll be posting more of them in the future. Oh and just so everyone knows, August weighed in at 35 grams and October at 18 grams. I'll try and get some face shots and their lenght posted soon. They are still pretty shy and I am just giving them time to settle in.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yyvonie I love how my back yard looks like yours, lets me know I am doing something right.

Robyn nice car!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sudhira said:
Sadly only bits and pieces of the photos came up on my screen. Sure looks neato from the bits I can see!

If you click on the words below the picture, "click to view full size image" the full picture will load. That happened on my computer too, but works ok when you click for full size.

Status
Not open for further replies.