My two newest Sri Lankans from Bill Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry night

5 Year Member
I'm building up my collection of Sri Lankan stars. I now have 4. Two from Bill Z, which he got from another breeder, and one from JWI and one from Gummybearpoop and he got that tortoise from Larry G. I'm probably going to buy a baby male from Janie soon.Anyway here are the two latest babies I got from Bill. Sorry for the photo quality.

Attachments

• P1020134.JPG
    P1020134.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 167
  • P1020136.JPG
    P1020136.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 145

Luvthemtorts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast
Congrats on the new tortoises!
Just out of curiosity why did you get rid of the three you received from Janie? They were gorgeous.
Also how is the little one from JWI doing now? I hope its made a full recovery!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
They are all from the same "blood" [ John G. group from years back as I recall ].. all of them - according to Bill.. per phone conversation a few months back.

Terry K

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Redfoot NERD said:
They are all from the same "blood" [ John G. group from years back as I recall ].. all of them - according to Bill.. per phone conversation a few months back.

Terry K
They are are from the same group I would say, but not necessarily the same blood since John G. imported a group of around 20-30 adults.

Great additions Starry Night! I am glad you got those two. I was very tempted myself.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
gummybearpoop said:
Redfoot NERD said:

Terry K
They are are from the same group I would say, but not necessarily the same blood since John G. imported a group of around 20-30 adults.

Great additions Starry Night! I am glad you got those two. I was very tempted myself.

All from the same "blood" means the "best" Sri's being produced in the U.S. are from the blood-lines from John G.'s group. [ which I have reasons to believe are in extreme southern FL. now ]

FWIW...

NERD

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Redfoot NERD said:
gummybearpoop said:
Redfoot NERD said:

Terry K

All from the same "blood" means the "best" Sri's being produced in the U.S. are from the blood-lines from John G.'s group. [ which I have reasons to believe are in extreme southern FL. now ]

FWIW...

NERD

A good number of the adults are in Florida.

Dr. Z picked the best of John G's group and produced some super nice sri lankans. I am sure you seen pics of those Terry.

Starry night

5 Year Member
I sold the 3 from Janie because they were much bigger and I did not want to try and mix much smaller tortoises with the big ones. The bigger ones would probably scare the little ones and steal all the food. I'm trying to get a new baby male from Janie now. The tortoise I got from JWI is still with a friend making his/her recovery . They are not all in southern Florida anymore. Give me another 6 or 7 years and this LOUISIANA boy will be stepping up. Someone is N.Y. just obtained some beautiful adults and should soon be putting some beautiful babies out on the market.

Starry night

5 Year Member
YEAH. Larry got a very fine male with some of the thickest lines I've ever seen on a Sri Lankan. He purchased a group of a think 4-6 adults off of kingsnake. Ask him for some photos because I saw a picture of a female and male that that were very beautiful. He sent me an email some time ago stating that he had 20+ sri lankan eggs incubating. Keep an eye on kingsnake and lets see what he comes out with.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Did you intentionally park this pair on "spare tire" ads?;)

They have beautiful shells! How many years do they have to attain before they can produce viable eggs?

J_Foster

10 Year Member!
Chicago
For anyone interested, Bill Z just posted an ad on Kingsnake today with about six gorgeous, thick-lined sri babies that he is selling. They're quite pricey, but they don't come much nicer looking than this.

- Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.