My very fancy DBT feeding tank

enchilada

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Beach CA
DBTs are messy eaters.... so i decided to feed them in a designated feeding tank that can handle HUGE bio load

0p8BnYO.jpg

dnICHBN.jpg

rPAb0Dg.jpg

eyH5YLe.jpg

qpWUHZI.jpg

t6sPtT8.jpg

LIX5zcU.jpg

mitchellr

5 Year Member
They can live in salt water?? Just knew it i thought they can only live in brackish or freshwater

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
They can live in salt water?? Just knew it i thought they can only live in brackish or freshwater
only feeding time. usually i put them in reef tank for 2~5 hours. ive tried 12+ hours. they seems fine, but when put back to fresh water, the first thing they do is drinking for almost 30 sec non stop.

Randi

Canada
Anthias are gorgeous fish. I like your Regal Tang. Cute Pajama Cardinals. I see your Coral Beauty trying to hide, haha. They probably love the turtles feeding, they get to eat the lil bits your turtles don't. Hahaha. How did they react to the turtles?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Really nice looking tank. Do you have picture of the entire setup??

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Anthias are gorgeous fish. I like your Regal Tang. Cute Pajama Cardinals. I see your Coral Beauty trying to hide, haha. They probably love the turtles feeding, they get to eat the lil bits your turtles don't. Hahaha. How did they react to the turtles?

they are like wolf packs. tear away huge chucks of shrimp from my turtles.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Terrapins can only ingest so much salt in their water before they have to drink fresh! Great idea you have.. mine live in 1.008+ and feed every 2-3 days in fresh. They are breeder size.. if wondering about how often I feed.

Do the West Coast shrimp have that big "sword" on top of their head.. like I've seen on the wild ones on the East Coast?

enchilada

5 Year Member
Newport Beach CA
Terrapins can only ingest so much salt in their water before they have to drink fresh! Great idea you have.. mine live in 1.008+ and feed every 2-3 days in fresh. They are breeder size.. if wondering about how often I feed.

Do the West Coast shrimp have that big "sword" on top of their head.. like I've seen on the wild ones on the East Coast?

i "catch" my shrimps from supermarket....so i dont know the difference.
i feed 2 different kinds :1. the tiny frozen krill, from asian supermarket. sometimes i found tiny gobies in it too

2. the regular whole shrimp. probably from south america