My Western Hermann’s (Apulia, Italy locale)

Ella’s Gigi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Black Forest, Colorado
Thank you! He’s in a plastic tub right now but we’re building him a larger tortoise table. I live in Colorado so he will live indoors most of the year. This site has helped so much in preparing for him. I’ve had to return substrate, bulbs and fixtures trying to make sure he has all the right goodies to grow smooth and healthy!

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Thank you! He’s in a plastic tub right now but we’re building him a larger tortoise table. I live in Colorado so he will live indoors most of the year. This site has helped so much in preparing for him. I’ve had to return substrate, bulbs and fixtures trying to make sure he has all the right goodies to grow smooth and healthy!
I've been going through that too. It can be complicated at first... especially with so much bad info out there in the world. Thank goodness for this forum and the kind and knowledgeable people here. My Russian tortoise, Diego, has lived outside since I got him a few months ago but he'll need to come in soon so I'm in the planning stages of the building process too. I love seeing what everyone comes up with! Post pics of your process :)

KiwiSue

Colorado
I have a Hermann's and live in Colorado too,Denver area. We remodeled our small backyard,all organic mulch with roses and other plants. Theo sleeps in the mulch behind the air conditioner. I was wondering if he could hibernate outside if the mulch was deep enough, as he tried too last year,but only got about an inch deep,due to poor groundcover.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Very cute baby Hermann's! And Chris is definitely one of the best! I buy Greek Tortoises from him. Some of the purest lines available!