My Yearling Redfoot Torts

Octavious22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
This is my Redfoot yearlings video on my youtube channel that I made recently. I recommend feeding your torts on tile slates it's the best to keep their beaks in excellent shape I hope you guys enjoy the video!

Alana

5 Year Member
Adorable!They look great! How old are they?Also, have you had any issues with dry skin from time to time? I have a 3 year old and I've noticed a little bit of dry skin on his head and neck.

Octavious22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Adorable!They look great! How old are they?Also, have you had any issues with dry skin from time to time? I have a 3 year old and I've noticed a little bit of dry skin on his head and neck.
Thanks they are about 14 months old right now the smaller one is 3 months old. I keep their humidity at around 75-85 % percent all the time and I mist their shells and enclosure about 3 times a day. I live in california and the weather has been constant in the low 90's so they are outside most of the day. I did notice that when housed outside they get a little dry so I just mist them and their enclosure. Soaking is also good you can do long soaks 15 to 20 mins just don't let the water get too cold, this helps a lot in keeping them hydrated because they absorb water through their skin when they soak. I hope all this helps :)

Alana

5 Year Member
Thanks they are about 14 months old right now the smaller one is 3 months old. I keep their humidity at around 75-85 % percent all the time and I mist their shells and enclosure about 3 times a day. I live in california and the weather has been constant in the low 90's so they are outside most of the day. I did notice that when housed outside they get a little dry so I just mist them and their enclosure. Soaking is also good you can do long soaks 15 to 20 mins just don't let the water get too cold, this helps a lot in keeping them hydrated because they absorb water through their skin when they soak. I hope all this helps :)

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing more videos!