Name?

Crush da Baum

Location (City and/or State)
Brooksville
Lately I have been trying to start a business to sell turtle supplies. I was originally going to name it the Turtle Journal but I got a email from the state that this name was taken. I am at a loss for names and was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
To be frankly with you it’s going to take time and effort starting up a business I’m not sure if you are being serious about this.
It will drain you financially if you don’t have a huge bank account. You will most likely have to wait years to actually get some income. Now addressing the name situation I have no idea. Lol

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
To be frankly with you it’s going to take time and effort starting up a business I’m not sure if you are being serious about this.
It will drain you financially if you don’t have a huge bank account. You will most likely have to wait years to actually get some income. Now addressing the name situation I have no idea. Lol
Yea, I am determined though. I am also making sure I only spend money I do have and being very cautious when it comes to things like taxes where I legally have to pay something. I like to think I have enough things figured out to move forward at this stage, I have been working on this for many months now and I know there will be many new challenges I have to face in the future. The good thing is if all goes wrong, I only have a failed business and not debt. The money I spend on starting this is all the holiday money and allowance I have accumulated over 5 years. It comes to a pretty substantial amount given that the last time I spent it on anything was when I was 9 and I wanted one of those remote controlled cars. The one thing I do have to pay no matter if I have the money or not is federal income tax, and I only need to pay that if I make over 12,500$ a year. A lot of the expenses like product storage and fulfillment are much simpler because I pay the companies I work with, commission Instead of a flat rate. I have my bank accounts fully automated so that all the money I make automatically pays of my fulfillment expenses, collects and electronically files sales tax, calculates income taxes based off of profit and transfers it to another section of my account (so that I do not spend the money I need to pay my taxes), and once that is all calculated and fulfilled the profit I have left goes to my business account and not my personal account so that once I am sure that I do not have anymore financial obligations I can wire it to my personal account. I am determined to make this happen and learning a lot on the way.

nicoleann2214

NY
Yea, I am determined though. I am also making sure I only spend money I do have and being very cautious when it comes to things like taxes where I legally have to pay something. I like to think I have enough things figured out to move forward at this stage, I have been working on this for many months now and I know there will be many new challenges I have to face in the future. The good thing is if all goes wrong, I only have a failed business and not debt. The money I spend on starting this is all the holiday money and allowance I have accumulated over 5 years. It comes to a pretty substantial amount given that the last time I spent it on anything was when I was 9 and I wanted one of those remote controlled cars. The one thing I do have to pay no matter if I have the money or not is federal income tax, and I only need to pay that if I make over 12,500$ a year. A lot of the expenses like product storage and fulfillment are much simpler because I pay the companies I work with, commission Instead of a flat rate. I have my bank accounts fully automated so that all the money I make automatically pays of my fulfillment expenses, collects and electronically files sales tax, calculates income taxes based off of profit and transfers it to another section of my account (so that I do not spend the money I need to pay my taxes), and once that is all calculated and fulfilled the profit I have left goes to my business account and not my personal account so that once I am sure that I do not have anymore financial obligations I can wire it to my personal account. I am determined to make this happen and learning a lot on the way.
You sound like you know what you’re doing. Good for you!!! I will support once it’s running?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Thank you! Honestly I have no idea what I am doing but I am starting to get the hang of it. I have learned so much and it is a fun experience.
I admire you! You already know a lot more than I do about starting a business! You are to be commended for doing this. When will we see you on "Shark Tank"?
The name...how about "Torts 'n Turts Essentials"?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
What type of turtle supplies?
Something you're going to make yourself? Or some things that you would need to purchase wholesale and then re sell?
Maybe you can see a need for a product that doesn't yet exist. Make it and sell it?
I saw a young person do that with cricket feeders on another forum.
Best of luck to you.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
What type of turtle supplies?
Something you're going to make yourself? Or some things that you would need to purchase wholesale and then re sell?
Maybe you can see a need for a product that doesn't yet exist. Make it and sell it?
I saw a young person do that with cricket feeders on another forum.
Best of luck to you.
I am selling mostly Zoo-Med, Mazuri, and I am trying to sell Arcadia bulbs but I can not get a hold of them. I am purchasing them straight from the companies themselves at wholesale price and reselling them at the normal price. Do you know any other companies that sell turtle supplies worth buying?

stigrk

Oslo, Norway
A good company name should be:
* Relevant to your business idea
* Easy to remember
* Unique/original so you do not get confused with some other business

"Turtle Journal" was not bad but it sounds more like some magazine/publication about turtles than somewhere to buy supplies.

I think the suggested "Torts 'n Turts Essentials" is much better.

Will this be an online business mostly?

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
A good company name should be:
* Relevant to your business idea
* Easy to remember
* Unique/original so you do not get confused with some other business

"Turtle Journal" was not bad but it sounds more like some magazine/publication about turtles than somewhere to buy supplies.

I think the suggested "Torts 'n Turts Essentials" is much better.

Will this be an online business mostly?
Yep, fully online. I see what you mean about the magazine thing.