Naming a girl tortoise

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I try to convince my dad by being good because sometimes he gets stuff early if I'm very good
I have a granddaughter that's doing a good job taking care of rabbits. As a house rabbit mother I was trying to warn her about the responsibility, because she's only 10 years old. I'm really proud of her. She wants to be a veterinarian. I think she'll do it.

Twinklybits

Raeford
Don't have one but would like ideas
I named my african spur Bentley after looking up african names& meanings* - there are lots of great ones for both sexes-there are so many it’s hard to make a suggestion for someone else’s pet- in Africa Bentley means a bent grass path- I felt like that was pretty fitting for a roaming digging African male tortoise

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you start with a baby it may be a few years before you know if it's a male or female, so I would go for something unisex.
My tort is called Lola - unfortunately she turned out to be a he but the name has stuck!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If you start with a baby it may be a few years before you know if it's a male or female, so I would go for something unisex.
My tort is called Lola - unfortunately she turned out to be a he but the name has stuck!
I named my little guy Saphire. I was told that's a girl name however I saw the evidence! It scared me half to death...lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I named my little guy Saphire. I was told that's a girl name however I saw the evidence! It scared me half to death...lol
Omg I still laugh every time I think about the day I( the so called educated wildlife sanctuary person)found out she is a he.

LittleBit

Louisville
rofl, yes we didn't know the gender of the one we ended up with, so Samuel, my youngest called it Nerdette and when we'd poke fun at him, (if the tort was a male) Samuel would say, "okay fine, Nerdy it is."

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
rofl, yes we didn't know the gender of the one we ended up with, so Samuel, my youngest called it Nerdette and when we'd poke fun at him, (if the tort was a male) Samuel would say, "okay fine, Nerdy it is."
You have to love em...even if they're Nerdy...hahaha

LittleBit

Louisville
They are adorable. I learned the hard way not to block them. Cutting up the veg in the kitchen and cat always meows so the tort comes running, (only when out of the pen) But she rams my legs until I give her whatever I am cutting up. I was astonished because I watched her rock back on her back legs and then thrust forward toward me. They have a way of letting you know what they want.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They are adorable. I learned the hard way not to block them. Cutting up the veg in the kitchen and cat always meows so the tort comes running, (only when out of the pen) But she rams my legs until I give her whatever I am cutting up. I was astonished because I watched her rock back on her back legs and then thrust forward toward me. They have a way of letting you know what they want.
Yes. My tortoise is a pet too. He tries to talk to me too. I love him so much. It's amazing that this little reptile is so intelligent and interesting...and a Nerdy nerd.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I try to convince my dad by being good because sometimes he gets stuff early if I'm very good
You are good. I hope you get your tortoise soon. I'm sure your dad will help you too. He sounds like a great dad.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
One is a split pea challenge, I don't know the price or anything. The other is tech4innovation and the winner gets $250 and a laptop.
All I can say is good luck. I'm not tech savy. You are probably better then me because you are young and have grown up with it. I have made split pea soup though.