Nandi, my Red Foot, not Eating Greens

ms4x4grrl

Location (City and/or State)
Blacksburg
Hi guys. So, Nandi will not eat greens. Just seems NOT interested. Tried collards, chard, different lettuces and kale. She will eat squash, radiccio, mushrooms and of course fruit like strawberries and melon. But I only give her that occasionally....
Any help would be awesome!

Relic

Here
I have a yellowfoot that routinely ignores a huge swatch of the greenery for sale at my local grocer. But...for some reason, will devour arugula down to the last snippet of stem. Keep trying, you never know what the magic item will be...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Try chopping whatever your tort will eat real fine and mixing it with some chopped greens. Like thisIMG_20200308_083447097.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was going to suggest what Toddrick suggested, but he beat me to the punch. Another trick I used when my hatchling YF tortoises wouldn't eat - I chopped the greens up into very tiny pieces, then I mixed the more exotic flavors of Gerber strained fruit into the greens, coating them all with fruity smell. As time went on and they were eating this good, I slowly reduced the amount of baby food until they were eating the greens without the fruit.