Neck cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stoney creek ontario
Kay I picked up this cherry head last night and he was so dry he was on snake bedding and no humidity I noticed when I got home and soaked him he extended his neck out and he had a cut will this heal it's self?

Attachments

• image-842535454.png
    image-842535454.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I would boil it out with peroxide and apply some triple antibiotic ointment.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I hate when people take such **** poor care of their animals! I know its not you so don't take offence.. I would take it to a vet, but that's just me. I hope everything turns out ok!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
How serious of a cut are we talking about? Like minor or gapping open fleshy wound? :D

Oooooo....now I see it....I would have to agree with cleaning it out really well and keeping is clean and clear....jackrat has the right idea...however, in this pic it also looks like that area has somewhat of a raised look to the surrounding area...perhaps from what ever trauma happened to cause the injury????

I would get his enclosure humidity up...and keep him warm evening night temps warm especially while he is healing...as well as mist with warm while keeping that area clean....IMHO:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a common-type of injury. I have a YF female with this same cut. Only hers is swollen with scar tissue and ugly. Keep it clean and follow what Jackrat said. Because its on a very movable part of her body, it takes a long time to heal. Every time she pulls her head in it causes that part to fold and break open again. Keep it supple with the antibiotic ointment, and it should be ok.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
Okay thanks everyone I know some of you don't like she'll cream but he was so dry that I had to put some on his head and shell he was so dry the skin was peeling but seems to be doing better that I cleaned it and he was so dehydrated he drinks for like 5 minutes every time I soak him and the guy said he hates baths because he soaked him once a week so now I'm soaking him 6 times a day for a week

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I think the multiple soakings are great....I also would warm mist him and his enclosure....however, IMHO I would not put any of the shell creams on him yet...with the wound I would keep his water soaks and mists as his source of moisture....after all the creams are to make them "look" pretty....but once you have him dehydrated and his humidity good in his enclosure his natural beauty will surface fully anyhow...you know?

Sooryyyy...the word dehydrated should have been hydrated......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.