Need a uv pond filter, any good suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndij33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beach
I have an indoor 200g preformed pond for my dbts. I would like to start setting up there new enclosure and I'm looking for a good brand of uv pond filters, but I don't know what to choose. There's laguna,fishmate,tetra pond and a couple others.. but which is better, and which is trash?

I'm just soo lost on what to get... Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Cyndi

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know brand names, but when I had tubs set up that needed filtering, I liked the canister filters best. The canister sat outside the tub, usually on the floor and tubes brought the water out of the pond, through the filter medium and then pushed it back into the tub. I cleaned them about once a week. Kept the water nice and clear.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with emysemys. I have the big green barrel looking one. Off hand I can't remember the name, I think Tetra, but not sure. Filtered my 1000 gallon pond and now does my 500 gallon pond, I downsized. I don't use uv. Did once, and did not notice difference. In order for them to truly work, the water has to pass through them at such a slow rate, that it won't really do a proper cleaning. I wouldn't waist your money. Plus the bulbs have to be replaced too often and are not cheap.

Cyndij33

5 Year Member
Beach
Oooh, ok..didn't think of it that way..ya from what I seen, the filters with uv are about 50-60$ more than without..
Still doing some lookin around before I make my decision..
I need all the rewiews and opinions I can get!!

Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.