Need Adoptive Homes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Here is a copy of an email posted to myself from another forum.I have permission to copy it here in hopes some of you can help this lady out in re-homing her tortoise family?
Thanks so much!!!Louise
Lisa's email is [email protected]

Hi- My name is Lisa. I live in the south suburbs of chicago. I have a disabling undiagnosed illness that has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. I have been losing my independence but trying to hang on to my rescued turtles but it is just getting to hard for me now and I am concerned that I cannot care for them as well as they need. I need to find forever homes for some of them asap. It is tearing my soul apart.

I am in desperate need of rehoming my turtles asap. I love the animals in my care with all my heart and soul, had most of them over 15 years. They have had very good vet care.

I am already in contact with the Chicago Herpetological Society and with no luck so far.

I need to find homes for one large male three legged res and one large female res. They live in separate waterland tubs, each tub is the medium size (small twin bed almost). They have been with me 15 years and are each at least 20 years old. One only has three legs but does really well. Its killing me to have to rehome them but it is just getting too hard for me to keep up with their care and the water. I will give the person the tub, stand, magnum 350 etc. They dont need to go to the same home.

I also need to find a home for a male painted turtle. He is in a 55 gallon breeder tank.

I need to find a home for a male eastern box turtle. He would need a habitat. He has arthritis but takes a supplement and gets around just fine. Very active sweet turtle, over 20 years old at least.

I need to find a home for a sweet friendly female three toed boxie. She has a vit a deficiency and is on supplements however I need to get her to the vet to check, it may be resolved as of now since she was rescued and been on a good diet. She has a tank but would do better in a larger space.

I need to find a home for one male ornate turtle that was bitten by what we think was a coyote and is missing part of his lower shell. He was rescued and brought to my vet who did the surgery over 3 or 4 years ago and the skin has calloused well and he just needs yearly vet checks to monitor it. He must be on soft bedding only.

Please please let me know if anyone can take any of my guys. I hope to find good loving forever homes for them. People that follow this group tend to be caring and know turtles. I want someone with experience to have them.

Thanks for your time, Lisa
[/color]

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
I hope she will find a solution.
UP for this thread

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you so much louise for posting this for me! i made it here to this forum. you are an angel. anyone that can help and adopt some of my turtles please contact me. the aquatic turtles especially. thanks sooo much.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
oh my goodness, i can just cry, thank you all for bumping this thread for me. i am beyond words here with everyone trying to help me. God bless you all so much! i cant believe how fast this forum moves!

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Hope you find homes for them all :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Will she ship any of them? If so, I have room for the boxies ....

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
kimber_lee_314 said:

hi- its me lisa here. i really really appreciate your help. where do you live? i may ship them but i am hoping to find local homes if possible. i have two people thinking about the boxies so if they arent able to take them can i contact you?

you are an angel!

lisa

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Thanks to forum users who bumped the thread I have no idea how to do that.
Hopefully these turtles will found new homes very soon.
thanks everyone.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
turtlegirl7 said:
kimber_lee_314 said:

hi- its me lisa here. i really really appreciate your help. where do you live? i may ship them but i am hoping to find local homes if possible. i have two people thinking about the boxies so if they arent able to take them can i contact you?

you are an angel!

lisa

Sure ... feel free to PM me if I can help in any way. :)

turtlegirl7 said:
kimber_lee_314 said:

you are an angel!

lisa

Sure ... feel free to PM me if I can help in any way. :) (I live in So Cal and have several outside pens with box turtles.)

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Hello, I have read your posts and wish I lived closer to help:

I adore box turtles and try to do best I can, so please understand I only want to do what's best:
kimber_lee_314 do you understand that these are all special needs box turtles, each needed special requirements. I would fear shipping them across country. When I buy feeder insects 1 time out of 10 the boxes get crushed. I know that is only 10% but it is a gamble I'd hate to make.

Male eastern box turtle. He would need a habitat. He has arthritis but takes a supplement.
Female three toed boxie. She has a vit a deficiency and is on supplements however I need to get her to the vet to check.
Male ornate turtle that was bitten by what we think was a coyote and is missing part of his lower shell. He must be on soft bedding only.

The Box turtles should be easy to find forever homes for. The Aquatic turtles will be very difficult and I wish I could help. I will pray you find perfect homes for all of your shelled babies.

Good luck.

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Need-Adoptive-Homes#ixzz21F91YVJC

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you so much for looking out for me fbsmith!!! i appreciate it. shipping them makes me nervouse. i hope to find local if possible. i am beyond words grateful for the outpouring of help from this group! God bless you all so much! lisa

fbsmith3 said:
Hello, I have read your posts and wish I lived closer to help:

I adore box turtles and try to do best I can, so please understand I only want to do what's best:
kimber_lee_314 do you understand that these are all special needs box turtles, each needed special requirements. I would fear shipping them across country. When I buy feeder insects 1 time out of 10 the boxes get crushed. I know that is only 10% but it is a gamble I'd hate to make.

Male eastern box turtle. He would need a habitat. He has arthritis but takes a supplement.
Female three toed boxie. She has a vit a deficiency and is on supplements however I need to get her to the vet to check.
Male ornate turtle that was bitten by what we think was a coyote and is missing part of his lower shell. He must be on soft bedding only.

The Box turtles should be easy to find forever homes for. The Aquatic turtles will be very difficult and I wish I could help. I will pray you find perfect homes for all of your shelled babies.

Good luck.

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Need-Adoptive-Homes#ixzz21F91YVJC

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Best of luck to you and your turtles, Bryan

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
Good news everyone! So far I found a home for my female res and my male ornate! I am waiting to see when they are going to go to their new home but it is a good home! I am so thankful. So now I still need homes for-

my male large three legged res that is healthy (he can come with his waterland tub and set up)

my healthy male painted turtle (can come with his tank and set up)

my female three toed boxie with the vit a deficiency that is pry resolved by now but i havent been able to get her in to be checked (has a tank but that she can come in but it is not the best for her)

my eastern male boxie with the arthritis. he takes supplements in food daily but other than creaking bones you wouldnt know he had any problems. he is a busy boy.

thanks for all you guys are doing by spreading the word!

hugs and love, lisa

Tortoise said:
Here is a copy of an email posted to myself from another forum.I have permission to copy it here in hopes some of you can help this lady out in re-homing her tortoise family?
Thanks so much!!!Louise
Lisa's email is [email protected]

Hi- My name is Lisa. I live in the south suburbs of chicago. I have a disabling undiagnosed illness that has been getting worse and worse for a long time now. I have been losing my independence but trying to hang on to my rescued turtles but it is just getting to hard for me now and I am concerned that I cannot care for them as well as they need. I need to find forever homes for some of them asap. It is tearing my soul apart.

I am in desperate need of rehoming my turtles asap. I love the animals in my care with all my heart and soul, had most of them over 15 years. They have had very good vet care.

I am already in contact with the Chicago Herpetological Society and with no luck so far.

I need to find homes for one large male three legged res and one large female res. They live in separate waterland tubs, each tub is the medium size (small twin bed almost). They have been with me 15 years and are each at least 20 years old. One only has three legs but does really well. Its killing me to have to rehome them but it is just getting too hard for me to keep up with their care and the water. I will give the person the tub, stand, magnum 350 etc. They dont need to go to the same home.

I also need to find a home for a male painted turtle. He is in a 55 gallon breeder tank.

I need to find a home for a male eastern box turtle. He would need a habitat. He has arthritis but takes a supplement and gets around just fine. Very active sweet turtle, over 20 years old at least.

I need to find a home for a sweet friendly female three toed boxie. She has a vit a deficiency and is on supplements however I need to get her to the vet to check, it may be resolved as of now since she was rescued and been on a good diet. She has a tank but would do better in a larger space.

I need to find a home for one male ornate turtle that was bitten by what we think was a coyote and is missing part of his lower shell. He was rescued and brought to my vet who did the surgery over 3 or 4 years ago and the skin has calloused well and he just needs yearly vet checks to monitor it. He must be on soft bedding only.

Please please let me know if anyone can take any of my guys. I hope to find good loving forever homes for them. People that follow this group tend to be caring and know turtles. I want someone with experience to have them.

Thanks for your time, Lisa
[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.