Need Adoptive Homes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ielvinsburrows

5 Year Member
turtlegirl7 said:
Good news everyone! So far I found a home for my female res and my male ornate! I am waiting to see when they are going to go to their new home but it is a good home! I am so thankful. So now I still need homes for-

my male large three legged res that is healthy (he can come with his waterland tub and set up)

my healthy male painted turtle (can come with his tank and set up)

my female three toed boxie with the vit a deficiency that is pry resolved by now but i havent been able to get her in to be checked (has a tank but that she can come in but it is not the best for her)

my eastern male boxie with the arthritis. he takes supplements in food daily but other than creaking bones you wouldnt know he had any problems. he is a busy boy.

thanks for all you guys are doing by spreading the word!

hugs and love, lisa

How large is your three legged res?

krb1093

5 Year Member
I would be interested in any box/tortoise turtles. I live an hour and a half away and would be willing to drive there.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
hi- ielvinsburrows, my three legged res is large. he weighs about 5 pounds. he is in medium sized waterland tub, that is about the size of a small twin bed. he gets aroudn good and uses the ramp well. he is healthy otherwise. really sweet. if you email me i can send you a pic. please put something about turtles in the subject so i know it isnt spam. my email is [email protected]. i dont know how to use these forum so good. i am better with email.

thanks for your interest! i appreciate it so much!

lisa

ielvinsburrows said:
turtlegirl7 said:
Good news everyone! So far I found a home for my female res and my male ornate! I am waiting to see when they are going to go to their new home but it is a good home! I am so thankful. So now I still need homes for-

my male large three legged res that is healthy (he can come with his waterland tub and set up)

my female three toed boxie with the vit a deficiency that is pry resolved by now but i havent been able to get her in to be checked (has a tank but that she can come in but it is not the best for her)

my eastern male boxie with the arthritis. he takes supplements in food daily but other than creaking bones you wouldnt know he had any problems. he is a busy boy.

hugs and love, lisa

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
hi everyone- i think i was able to upload pics of all my guys in my gallery. there is an update- the female three toed boxie with the vitamin a deficiency turns out to be cured of her deficiency after seeing the vet yesterday and also turns out to be a male! so toni is still toni but a boy! healthy "magnificent" turtle according to the vet.

so i still need homes for -

patrick- the male painted turtle, he is healthy and his habitat can go with if needed with his magnum filter.

tripod- my large male three legged res. he has a huge tub as you can see in my gallery hopefully. it is the size of a small twin bed. he is healthy other than the three legs and does well with them. he is very horny and constantly wants to mate.

toni- the now male, three toed healthy boxie (needs a habitat, the current one is too small)

twinkle- my eastern male boxie that has arthritis and is on a powder supplement taken with food daily. he has no limitations with the arthritis and climbs all over well. just has creaky bones. very very horny turtle too. he needs a habitat. he is in a 3.5 foot by 2 foot now but is attached to another habitat.

also a large appx foot long plecostamus (algae eater) fish with his 55 gallon tank. he is over 7 years old.

that is the latest list. any help would be appreciated. this forum is full of such wonderful people! i am amazed.

turtlegirl7 said:
hi- ielvinsburrows, my three legged res is large. he weighs about 5 pounds. he is in medium sized waterland tub, that is about the size of a small twin bed. he gets aroudn good and uses the ramp well. he is healthy otherwise. really sweet. if you email me i can send you a pic. please put something about turtles in the subject so i know it isnt spam. my email is [email protected]. i dont know how to use these forum so good. i am better with email.

thanks for your interest! i appreciate it so much!

lisa

ielvinsburrows said:
turtlegirl7 said:

hugs and love, lisa

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
I can provide Toni with a home. I live in Michigan, but another member of the forum lives close to you and would be willing to provide transportation. I can show you pictures of my set ups.

TStock

5 Year Member
Lisa,
I am not sure how to use this forum. i would be happy to adopt Ornate and Eastern. I am an experienced keeper. I live in Chicago. I am a member of CHS. Email me [email protected]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
TStock said:
Lisa,
I am not sure how to use this forum. i would be happy to adopt Ornate and Eastern. I am an experienced keeper. I live in Chicago. I am a member of CHS. Email me [email protected]

Hi TStock:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

(The first 5 posts of all new members are moderated and don't show up until a moderator approves them. No need to post your answer more than once)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just wanted to give an update. I have been emailing and trying to help her find homes. As you may have already seen, Kristina offered to take Toni. Well then agreed to take two more. I will be delivering them to Kristina tomorrow. Also, TStock offered to take one or two. I delivered hers to her today. Lisa still has one box she is going to hang on to for a while. She still needs homes for two water turtles. Patrick and Tripod, Tripod only has three legs but is very cute. They all are adorable and very personable.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
Just wanted to give an update. I have been emailing and trying to help her find homes. As you may have already seen, Kristina offered to take Toni. Well then agreed to take two more. I will be delivering them to Kristina tomorrow. Also, TStock offered to take one or two. I delivered hers to her today. Lisa still has one box she is going to hang on to for a while. She still needs homes for two water turtles. Patrick and Tripod, Tripod only has three legs but is very cute. They all are adorable and very personable.

I'd adopt them, if you delivered them. :cool:

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you so much "wellington" you are an angel. i appreciate your helping me with my babies so much. thanks for sharing this update too. you are amazing.

wellington said:

jacqui, where do you live?

Jacqui said:
wellington said:

I'd adopt them, if you delivered them. :cool:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I live in Chicago. Lisa lives about 30 minutes from me in Illinois and Kristina lives about a half hour from where my family lives up in Michigan. Kristina is going to meet me up in Michigan. I go to Michigan about once a month. I will be keeping Kristina busy if she has the room:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
turtlegirl7 said:

I actually live in Nebraska, so about 10 hours from Chicago. :( Here space and time are not issues, but unfortunately gas costs so much these days. I already spent my "spare" money on Dr bills and still need to make a trip in the next couple of weeks to Denver (unfortunately the opposite way from you). That's why I teased Barb about delivering them.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
jacqui- you are so sweet. i appreciate the thought. too bad we werent closer. good one teasing barb though, lol!

Jacqui said:
turtlegirl7 said:

I actually live in Nebraska, so about 10 hours from Chicago. :( Here space and time are not issues, but unfortunately gas costs so much these days. I already spent my "spare" money on Dr bills and still need to make a trip in the next couple of weeks to Denver (unfortunately the opposite way from you). That's why I teased Barb about delivering them.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hey, don't count me entirely out just yet I may win the lottery and have oodles and gobs of money to spend. :rolleyes: Or my husband may end up close enough to be able to pick up the turtles and then we can arrange something else for getting their homes. I have a couple of empty old outside enclosures with pools I could use for now for them, so they wouldn't need the rest for a bit. Unfortunately, right now my husband is in VA and only headed towards PA. Still tomorrow is another day. So like I said, don't count me out just yet, of course with luck somebody will be able to help you out before then.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
jacqui- you are so funny! that would be so great if it did work out! lol! you are officially not counted out! keep me posted if your hubby passes through illinois near chicago! hugs!

Jacqui said:
Hey, don't count me entirely out just yet I may win the lottery and have oodles and gobs of money to spend. :rolleyes: Or my husband may end up close enough to be able to pick up the turtles and then we can arrange something else for getting their homes. I have a couple of empty old outside enclosures with pools I could use for now for them, so they wouldn't need the rest for a bit. Unfortunately, right now my husband is in VA and only headed towards PA. Still tomorrow is another day. So like I said, don't count me out just yet, of course with luck somebody will be able to help you out before then.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well, the boxies all got delivered to their homes. One picked up on thursday and will be living in Chicago with a very nice person. We are going to be getting together soon to talk tortoises and turtles. The other three got delivered to Kristina on Friday morning. Another really great person. Was so glad to me a long time forum member. She was going to be meeting another member this weekend also, so cool. I knew it had to be Kristina when she lifted a fish bag with some kind of animal in it, LOL.
Jacqui, that would be great if some how you could get the water turtles, Lisa has left. I wish I could drive them to you. If I win the lotto, I will be giving you a call.
Lisa, I hope you are resting a little easier now that some of your turtles are in there new homes with great people. You don't have nothing to worry about with them.

turtlegirl7

5 Year Member
thank you barb and truda and kristina with all my heart and all my soul. i have no words for how grateful i am. i am resting easier knowing that some of my babies are in good homes, my heart is aching for them as i miss them tremendously and i am crying alot, but i know that this is the absolute right thing to do for their best interest. you all helped me through this and i am eternally grateful. i pray i get a lucky with good homes for my water babies soon as well.

love lisa

wellington said:
Well, the boxies all got delivered to their homes. One picked up on thursday and will be living in Chicago with a very nice person. We are going to be getting together soon to talk tortoises and turtles. The other three got delivered to Kristina on Friday morning. Another really great person. Was so glad to me a long time forum member. She was going to be meeting another member this weekend also, so cool. I knew it had to be Kristina when she lifted a fish bag with some kind of animal in it, LOL.
Jacqui, that would be great if some how you could get the water turtles, Lisa has left. I wish I could drive them to you. If I win the lotto, I will be giving you a call.
Lisa, I hope you are resting a little easier now that some of your turtles are in there new homes with great people. You don't have nothing to worry about with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.