Need advice! Fed ex is late with shipping

dds7155

5 Year Member
I live in Memphis and it's 34 right now ,, keep calling all night,,

i should have kept reading,,,

I should have kept reading,

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I seriously doubt any one is awake on TFO, it's 4 am here in TX. I have found out my Tortoise arrived at a DFW location two hours ago and now I am just waiting to see if I can pick the Tortoise up there.
As always no one called me as was promised, wasn't on a truck like they thought either. It arrived by plane. Now I'm just praying there is a way I can get my lil tort right now. I'm so scared he is already frozen to death.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Well it's 1:56am PST and I am working on a project deadline and I just flipped over to TFO ... my thoughts are with ya like right now, hoping you get that baby real soon! : )

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Need advice! Fed ex is late with shipping

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Well it's 1:56am PST and I am working on a project deadline and I just flipped over to TFO ... my thoughts are with ya like right now, hoping you get that baby real soon! : )

Me too, still on hold though :/

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Need advice! Fed ex is late with shipping

waitmanff said:
Hope you find something out soon!
Praying the little guy is okay!

Thanks! They are locating package right now. Guy said it could take 30 to an hour and he'd call back when they found it. I made him give me his name and how to reach him though if he didn't call back in an hour I call him. I found that when fed ex says they will call, they must assuredly will NOT.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I just picked the little guy up!!! HE IS ALIVE!! and possibly the cutest little tort I've ever seen! Omg!!
Thank every one so so much for there help on this and I will never ship past Wednesday again. I haven't gotten a wink of sleep and me and my lil tort are off to work lol 1385300125483.jpg that's my tiny pinky finger beside him

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Be sure to follow Will's advice on slowly getting this baby back to normal temps. I'm so glad you have him. A f, he is soooo cute :)

mikeh

5 Year Member
He sure is tiny! Nice to hear things turned out for the best. Congrats!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad he made it okay. Glad FedEx were actually very good about it. Still a little unhappy with the seller who shipped him in the first place.

RedFootMom

5 Year Member
So happy your tort arrived safely. What a gorgeous baby you have there -- now get some rest!! :)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Happiness! This is so great. Baby is darling! Oh.My.Goodness. So very little to have been put through so very much travel-ness.

Rebecca, make sure that you share with the sender all the angst you (and us!) had to go through so that he/she will remember this for the future. Never ever no-no-no send babies (or any size tortie, I would think) at the end of the week seems totally right on. Early bird shipments, early in the week only, like the experts recommended, makes totally perfect sense.

Again, congrats! And by the way, if it doesn't kill ya, it makes ya strong. Who was it that said that? Friedrich Nietzsche. Wonder if he had to wait on a tortoise delivery, too? Haha! : )

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Yes I am more than ecstatic that it all worked out in the end. and to be clear I do not want to blame the seller, because I asked him to send me the Tortoise Friday when I shouldn't have. He said he normally didn't ship past Wednesday and then I asked him too. It was a very huge mistake, i will never ever do it again. I've very much learned that nothing good comes from being impatient, but I do not blame the seller. He was a good, very nice person that sent me a wonderfully healthy Tortoise
I'm very thank fully for everyones advice,
I'll post more pictures and a name when I get his cage fully set up.

BorisTheTort

5 Year Member
I'm so happy that your little tort made it to you safely. I've been following along on this thread, hopping for the best!

Robyn@TRR

5 Year Member
Eric Ivins was correct, and wasn't curt at all. This was ignorance on the part of the shipper, pretty simple. If the recipient didn't know about the Saturday issue, which sounds like was the case, the shipper STILL should have known better and insisted on a regular shipping day.

FedEx (and UPS) don't deliver to all addresses on Saturdays, and Saturday deliveries are MUCH more likely to have a delayed delivery as well, so we don't allow folks to ship live reptiles on Friday regardless at ShipYourReptiles, since Priority Overnight service sent on Friday is automatically scheduled for delivery on Monday. We cover this a few different times in the booking process, TOS and Get Help section at ShipYourReptiles.com.

FedEx didn't make any mistakes here, and I am sure they tried to convey the best news they could, but the responsibility for this error falls directly in the lap of the shipper. The package should have not been put in the system on Friday, period.

I am glad to hear of the safe arrival. Torts are well suited for shipping, so even with a weekend delay they can be fine, but you should always ship Priority Overnight Monday through Thursday only and expect delivery the following day. Many shippers are more restrictive than that and only ship Monday through Wednesday, so in case of any delay the animals still don't sit over the weekend somewhere.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
BrinnANDTorts said:
Yes I am more than ecstatic that it all worked out in the end. and to be clear I do not want to blame the seller, because I asked him to send me the Tortoise Friday when I shouldn't have. He said he normally didn't ship past Wednesday and then I asked him too. It was a very huge mistake, i will never ever do it again. I've very much learned that nothing good comes from being impatient, but I do not blame the seller. He was a good, very nice person that sent me a wonderfully healthy Tortoise
I'm very thank fully for everyones advice,
I'll post more pictures and a name when I get his cage fully set up.

Patience is passion tamed! : )

AlishaT

5 Year Member
I am so glad I didn't read this when you first posted, if I had to read this real time I would have had a heart attack from anxiety! I'm am so relieved he is safe and in your care. I can't believe how tiny he is!