Need advice on a rescue burned ?

Thel

Location (City and/or State)
Az
What can I do to help ? I believe it's a sulcata.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 16178254412431401630799.jpg
    16178254412431401630799.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 78

zovick

10 Year Member!
What can I do to help ? I believe it's a sulcata.
Any thoughts?
The first thing I would do is give it a soak in some lukewarm water for about 20-30 minutes and see how the tortoise responds to that.

Then if it seems to act OK, try feeding it something to see if it has an appetite or not.

Thel

Az
The first thing I would do is give it a soak in some lukewarm water for about 20-30 minutes and see how the tortoise responds to that.

Then if it seems to act OK, try feeding it something to see if it has an appetite or not.
Oh I have soaked him for the pasted few days. He acts fine. The shell and skin peels.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Oh I have soaked him for the pasted few days. He acts fine. The shell and skin peels.
Well, there may not be much else to do then. Just keep soaking it and feeding it daily. Gradually, the skin and shell will heal, but remember that it takes tortoises about three times longer to heal than humans. If you see any really raw areas of bare flesh, treat them with Neosporin ointment to help keep them from becoming infected.

You say it acts fine. Does that mean it has been eating OK?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I don't think it's a sulcata. Please tell us all you know about this animal.

Aaagh ha! I thought the same, the shape, shape of scutes and front legs just don’t look like a Sulcata. But, not too sure how much “fire” damage had occurred.

I’m wondering how it’s eyes & face and mouth are..?

Thel

Az
If true what they told me it happened six months ago. Eats very well enjoys soaks