Need advice on proper care for my Sulcata.

Chuck C

Location (City and/or State)
Canton, Ohio

First, I certainly don't have the experience or knowledge to provide the level of advice you've already received from the TFO long-term members. I just wanted to address the comment you made about taking him to softball practice. If it's a public field, they undoubtedly treat the grass with fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides so might want to take care with what he consumes there (This is not a self realization. I know I read it somewhere else on this forum and others). Of course, in a few years it probably will be academic unless you are a weight lifter.

BTW, I haven't mowed my grass for the year we've had our 11 yo except to suck up debris. It seems that much of my sulcata time is trying to grow and/or find good eats.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not replying sooner, I am still getting the hang of this. Thank you for addressing your concern on the fertilizer and so forth. My mother is the secretary at the school, so I had check with t he maintenance dept. Judging by all the weeds I figured they didn't use any, but I wanted to make sure.
Once again thank you.

2wgasa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Carlsbad, CA
Your avatar shows Sheldon on box of soda, which reminded me of another "useful" stat I've meant to ask TFO...ground clearance :rolleyes: I know Bomber's is 5.5" by watching him manage to straddle a dog bowl stand and walking around with it under him for a few minutes until he figured out he needed to stretch a little more. G'Day.