Need advice on Sulcatta babies

Gillis

I have about 10 babies and I'm not sure if I'm caring for them correctly. I keep the temperature about 85 to 95 and have cut down to feeding them once a day as I've seen them kind of bulging out of their shell. Ic a small crack in the bottom of two of them. Today we went and got pallets for a calcium supplement. I think I may have been over feeding them with romaine as they wanted, not just once a day. I really could use some advice on better care. I do have a nighttime and daytime light. I used the daytime light more to control temperature. I have also added a bathing pool but it is not close. So the humidity wouldn't be high. If anyone has any advice for me for caring for 304 month old babies I would appreciate them sending me advice at NH Bradley at yahoo.com. you all give all good information, thank you

peggy davis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Just want to make sure that the bathing pool does not go above the bottoms of their shells. Tortoises don't swim. And at that age and with 10 in the same enclosure, they are likely to tip over quite a bit. If they do that in the pool, the could drown. You took on a lot of work with 10 at a time! Good luck.