Need daytime boarding in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
Our house is going to be painted the week of Oct. 4. I am looking for a backyard to board Ralph in. I can drop him off and pick him up each day.

No dogs, cats, pool in the backyard.

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
With their equipment, no I don't trust them. Plus they will need to have the back gates open to get in and out. First they will be power washing, then spraypainting. I don't want anything happening to Ralph. I am considering just penning him up at the back gate, but still not sure if that's far enough away from the chemicals.

I'm just trying to 100% safe.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
DAC8671 said:
Our house is going to be painted the week of Oct. 4. I am looking for a backyard to board Ralph in. I can drop him off and pick him up each day.

No dogs, cats, pool in the backyard.

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm too far away from you but found this site for a Tortoise/turtle rescue group in San Diego. Maybe they have fosters who can help.
http://www.sdturtle.org/turtle_rescue.htm

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I have heard about a lady on Mussey Grade in Ramona that has a bunch of Salcatas she has taken in. She also has a horse ranch I looked in the phone book and I think this is the right place (760) 789-3613. I have been wanting to see if she will let me tour her tort set up. I have heard it is really something.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
Yvie~ I've already contacted the tortoise society. They don't do boarding as they are overcrowded.

Angi~ Thanks for the info, but Ramona is too far away from me. It would take about 45+ minutes to get there. I would need something closer.

Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated. I think I am going to ask the housing office if they can board him in their backyard. If not, I'm just going to have to pen him up at the far end of the house by the chain link fence. I hope that would be far enough away, it's about 15 feet away from the house.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
The bathroom is a good idea. But beware, I put 31lb Moe and about 15lb Kono in the bathroom when we had a day that hit 115f .... they made a huge mess. :)

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
We don't have a tub. We only have showers. :-/
Besides, they will be here for 5 days (thought it would be 4, but it's 5)

I thought about the garage, but I don't want to keep him penned with no sunlight. I think if our housing office can't do it, the best bet is to just put him the farthest away from the house.

Normally I would ask my friends/neighbors/family, but some live too far away (I need it to be within 15 min driving), the neighbors here are also getting the house painted, and the rest have unsuitable backyards (i.e. dogs, pools, or treated grass). I was going to board him a the vet, but they only have indoor metal cages. Again, I want him outside in the sun.

It will all work out.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Five days in your garage with a standard heat lamp won't hurt a thing. In winter mine are indoors for weeks at a time with no ill effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.