Need help ASAP with sexing these redfoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
one of these is mine and I know the sex.....the other is a prospect to add to my herd with a claimed sex ... Which one is male and female....thanks for playing.........:D
rdft.jpg

redfootcrotchshot.jpg

sorry the top pic is so little, it was an email

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Well the big picture is a female. The small one looks like a male if anything to me because the tail looks pretty long but its a small pic so I dont know you might need to get that picture a little bigger.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Top one looks like female, not sure about the other, will need bigger and better photo

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
hmmmm thats what I was afraid of.... Neither are full grown but the larger pic is a male for sure....its mine and Ive seen him "flash" and all that.... he has a very concave plastron and hour glass shell, the littrle pic is one I am thinking about buying and is clainmed to be female....but I'm not completely convinced, from some other small pics I have seen of "her" it does looks like a fairly flat plastron and cant see any evidence of hours glass shaped carapace, but the tail region looks kinda male to me too....... I always looked for a wide opening around the tail should I take a chance? the lady that has her for sale is asking a very fair price and said she got her from a breeder about a year ago.....

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Wow that looks like a tiny tail for a male redfoot but it is sideways so I guess it could just be masking the size. My male redfoot always has his tail out when hes picked up and its very long. If she is a sub adult female I could see her getting it from a breeder but if it was a breeder then I dont know why a breeder would sell just a female to someone.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
Yes. My males tail is sideways and the pic is deceiving, it is quite long..... I guess this lady bought 2 females and was maybe gonna breed then decided not to...... Thanks for all the help!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Wow- by everything I can see in the bottom photo, I would have put 90% odds that it was a female. Is it just that misleading of a photo? How big are these two, really?

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
they are both about 10 " still a bit young but I have seen the one in the large pics private parts.........the smaller pic is hard to tell..

Status
Not open for further replies.