Need help getting my tort's head out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Anyone know how to get leopard tortoise's head out? He's a bit shy and every time i lift him up he hides in. I gotta give him some eye drops that my vet gave me.
Please give me some advice, thank you guys.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Most times (most) if you securely hold the tort and rotate him so that his head is pointing up towards you and be patient, they will eventually slink their head out----at this point you will want to be in a position to gently, but firmly, slide your fingers behind his head just around his neck and hold his head out while you apply the eye drops....

or, you can offer him up a warm water soak...and while he has his head extended you can try to target his eyes with the drops....tricky stuff, huh....;)

ChrisJohan

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ascott said:
Most times (most) if you securely hold the tort and rotate him so that his head is pointing up towards you and be patient, they will eventually slink their head out----at this point you will want to be in a position to gently, but firmly, slide your fingers behind his head just around his neck and hold his head out while you apply the eye drops....

or, you can offer him up a warm water soak...and while he has his head extended you can try to target his eyes with the drops....tricky stuff, huh....;)

Thank you ascott, i tried the soaking in warm water, but it didn't work. i'll try doing that other trick patiently, my leopard tort is still kinda new so as you know, every light movement i make still surprises him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.