Need Help - Hermann Tortoise Laid Eggs Today

BabyHermann

Location (City and/or State)
Manassas
Hi. New to the forum. I've had two Hermann tortoises for a few years now and was told they were both males. Well, today I was surprised when one started laying eggs. I have no idea what to do and was wondering if there was anyone with experience that would be able to take them. I've read up on incubating the eggs, but just am afraid that I won't be able to do it correctly. I am in Manassas, Virginia.

As of the time of posting this, she has laid 4 eggs and looks like she's still laying more. Will try to get some pictures when she's done.

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Read this while you wait:

@Turtulas-Len is in Virginia and knows how to incubate eggs.

Also, they should never be kept in pairs. You ought to separate them into separate enclosures ASAP.

BabyHermann

Manassas
Read this while you wait:

@Turtulas-Len is in Virginia and knows how to incubate eggs.

Also, they should never be kept in pairs. You ought to separate them into separate enclosures ASAP.
thank you. I did just create a temporary divider in their outdoor enclosure and will build a new one. Also ordering a separate indoor tub as well.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hi. New to the forum. I've had two Hermann tortoises for a few years now and was told they were both males. Well, today I was surprised when one started laying eggs. I have no idea what to do and was wondering if there was anyone with experience that would be able to take them. I've read up on incubating the eggs, but just am afraid that I won't be able to do it correctly. I am in Manassas, Virginia.

As of the time of posting this, she has laid 4 eggs and looks like she's still laying more. Will try to get some pictures when she's done.

Thanks!
I would leave them where she picked to lay them and let them develop naturally for now.