Need help please my sulcata penis was bitten by other tort

fiber

Please help....yesterday my male sulcata's penis (Fiber) was bitten by cherry head tort. I found out after seeing blood in his anus, so I checked it, it was in his penis, but his penis can come back inside again. I know it's all my fault mixing different species in same area when my sulcata is in maturing period, but please don't judge me, right now I just need help......
I already went to the vet right away, he gave Fib injection (antibiotic) the vet said, "Fib will be ok cos the penis can come back inside itself", and this morning Fib looks fine, still eat a lot, like nothing happen...but I'm still worried...
Will Fib be ok? Please help me....thank's

Merrick

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I am sorry this happened as long as he is still eating and the bleecing stops he should be fine

fiber

I am sorry this happened as long as he is still eating and the bleecing stops he should be fine
Thank's Merrick...I hope Fib will be ok, bleeding stop and still want to eat a lot. Maybe I love Fib too much, so makes me worried too much if something happen to him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hate it when people have to learn the hard way and at the animal's expense.

Your tortoise should be fine. Just continue following the vet's instructions. Tortoises are very hardy and can go through some pretty awful injuries.

fiber

Before.JPG After.jpg
I'm sorry, and im sure he will be ok, maybe it wasn't that bad of a bite. How big is your Fib?
Fib is 2,5 years old with dia.30 cm, he's in maturing period, almost everyday the penis come out. Here is the pic before and after the bite

fiber

I hate it when people have to learn the hard way and at the animal's expense.

Your tortoise should be fine. Just continue following the vet's instructions. Tortoises are very hardy and can go through some pretty awful injuries.
Hope so..today I watch Fib, he looks fine, nothing change in the behavior, eat a lot, walking around as usual, but still worried. Do you think I should take Fib to see the vet again next couple of days to get antibiotic?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Very sorry to have just read of your tort's injury.

Wishes for your tort to get well very soon! And please keep us updated.