Need help regarding gravid Indian Star tortoise

Rony khade

Location (City and/or State)
India
Yeah she is eating and defecating normally okay then that would the hard feces bcoz I felt the same thing on the male also
There is no facility of radiographing her
So think you are right

zovick

10 Year Member!
Yeah she is eating and defecating normally okay then that would the hard feces bcoz I felt the same thing on the male also
There is no facility of radiographing her
So think you are right

Then I would recommend you just wait and see if she lays another clutch in 4-6 weeks or so.

Rony khade

India
Are you sure that you are feeling eggs? You could possibly be feeling hard feces in the intestines. Has she been eating and defecating normally? You really need to radiograph the tortoise to know what to do.
She is eating properly but doesn't defecate properly as I gave her the injection she started pushing but all what she did was passing stools

Rony khade

India
Then I would recommend you just wait and see if she lays another clutch in 4-6 weeks or so.
Yeah even I think so because after laying the eggs she reduced a lot of weight and weighed a bit lighter but recently she has again started to feel a bit heavier

Rony khade

India
Guys I see a white spot on one egg at the tip which is expanding now
it's a kind of circular patch seen on it without candling the portion where the spot is appears whiter then rest of the egg
with candling it appears a bright white spot clearly seen but no veins have been seen yet is this chalking...???
@Neal @Markw84 @kingsley @zovick

zovick

10 Year Member!
which of these star eggs are fertile.??
@Neal @Markw84 @chin_lee @zovick

It is hard to tell from this photo. Both may be fertile. If you put a small light next to the eggs, can you see any blood vessels in it yet? Use a mini Maglite with a regular bulb, not one with an LED bulb. Just put it against the side of the egg without disturbing the position of the egg and se if you are able to see blood vessels. You may have to move the light along the shell of the egg and you may have to try this from both sides of the egg to see blood vessels after only a month.

Rony khade

India
It is hard to tell from this photo. Both may be fertile. If you put a small light next to the eggs, can you see any blood vessels in it yet? Use a mini Maglite with a regular bulb, not one with an LED bulb. Just put it against the side of the egg without disturbing the position of the egg and se if you are able to see blood vessels. You may have to move the light along the shell of the egg and you may have to try this from both sides of the egg to see blood vessels after only a month.
The darker one appears reddish pink by just moving the phone light over it,but no clear blood vessels and chalking was observed in it only whereas the other one shows non of such things
and appears some what clear

zovick

10 Year Member!
The darker one appears reddish pink by just moving the phone light over it,but no clear blood vessels and chalking was observed in it only whereas the other one shows non of such things
and appears some what clear

I don't think a phone light will show the blood vessels, but could be wrong as I have never tried it with a phone light, only the Mini Maglite I mentioned in my other post.