Need help with Burmese star tort

alexialawrence

5 Year Member
I am thinking of getting a 2 week old Burmese star tortoise. I feel like I don't get the right information from the web and would rather get information from you guys about it. I was wondering if star torts have the same care as leopards? I read that star torts have a little bit of a different diet and can eat fruits but I don't trust that info. I was wondering about humidity and substrate and how big the average adult gets. I was also wondering how fast they grow into an adult. Any information please?

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Just like any torts, they shouldn't be fed fruits too often. Grasses, leafy greens should be the main diet. Every once in a while, pulpy vegetables/fruits in small amounts can be given. (Such as once a month).

skottip

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I breed them and have also produced Indians in the past.
PM me your # and I will call you if you would like.

Scott

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I like to learn this too. I'm also thinking to get 1.2 next year. Hopefully some years later we can have some babies.

Best luck to you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We are fortunate to have several experienced keepers and breeders of this species here on this forum. The vast majority of us don't know that much about them. I have personally spoken with both Scott and KenS, and they are both very knowledgable, experienced and helpful. I recommend talking to either or both of them.