Need help with Fernando....Absess or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Fernando seems to have some puffy area between his right leg and his neck. I have circled the area in black and red. When he walks you can see it, but sometimes when he turns it disappears. I'm very confused and don't know whether to make a vet appointment or not. I thought that I'd ask the experts first since a lot of you know more than a few vets I've visited. :) It is not hard to the touch. Candy

Here's the first one. The part that concerns me is circled in black.

DSCN2488blackline2_zps577ab467.jpg

DSCN2483blackline_zps917471f9.jpg

This time it is circled in red.

DSCN2487redline3_zps87492c8e.jpg

DSCN2485redline_zps5366ea1b.jpg

Now that he turned his head it seems to be gone.

DSCN2484redline1_zps44ed7dad.jpg

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
i apologize for my uselessness, but your boy there is just handsome. someone will know exactly whats going on and will help you any time now.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
From the pics I see here...looks like a fat reserve :D (polite way of saying he is a little tubs and looks fantastic :p) He looks good to me...I would not worry about it as I don't see a problem....does he favor that leg any differently than usual?

Did Houdini flip him by using that area at all?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
ascott said:
From the pics I see here...looks like a fat reserve :D (polite way of saying he is a little tubs and looks fantastic :p) He looks good to me...I would not worry about it as I don't see a problem....does he favor that leg any differently than usual?

[/quote

I noticed this area this week. Houdini did flip him but I'm not sure if it was this area he used. I don't see any marks, but know that it doesn't look right to me. I am thinking that it has to do with their fight though. :(

WillTort2 said:
If you rub that area does it feel like a lump?

It does not feel like a bump at all. :)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Candy said:
ascott said:

[/quote

I noticed this area this week. Houdini did flip him but I'm not sure if it was this area he used. I don't see any marks, but know that it doesn't look right to me. I am thinking that it has to do with their fight though. :(

WillTort2 said:
If you rub that area does it feel like a lump?

It does not feel like a bump at all. :)

If your not feeling a lump or anything I would just keep an eye on it. I think it's fine.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
there you go. if it becomes more noticeable, maybe its time to check it out. for the time being, it'll be okay.

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.