Need indoor idea for adult female

Harpy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, Oregon
Hi all. I will be adopting a 10 inch, 16 yr old female leopard today - ...owner is going over seas and wants a babysitter until he returns. There is no enclosure coming with this animal...owner used a walk-in closet for winter months.

I get to come up with something asap. I live in small apartment but willing to give up space for her. (I currently have 4 yr old leopard I need to make adult home for so this will not go to waste) . I do have nice balcony for daytime but winter is coming soon to Oregon so indoor is a must.

Any tips on making huge tort table for small room? What about using an enclosed display case for tort homes? Would it hold humidity better?

I do plan(dream) on moving to larger place but not soon.

Thanks in advance...

Billie

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
A 10 inch female needs a pretty big enclosure. 8 feet by 4 feet I would think at a minimum. If there is any chance of eggs, you will also need an appropriate nesting area. I have 3 that I bring in for winter, they have a large bedroom that is divided into 3 enclosures. We water proofed, and insulated the floor.

Harpy

5 Year Member
Eugene, Oregon
Leopard is finally here. More like 20 yrs old as he got her as young adult back in 1992. Well, she is 10 inches round. Looks like a 30 pound yellow soccer ball. I have her in temporary setup right now. Will get enclosure set up by monday. Wish I had more notice with her but will do all I can for her. And, No chance for eggs...at least fertile ones.

Harpy

5 Year Member
Eugene, Oregon
No spare room to give. I live in small loft style townhouse. I currently have 2 other tortoise enclosures in livingroom, so making space for a 3rd will not be too hard. I just have to figure out what to build and how large to make it.