need info. please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I am interested in getting a hatchling indian star tortoise and was wondering if they are like sulcatas and need to be soaked and sprayed everyday and what the care info is like. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks, Rose

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I have one, I'm not an expert by any means on Indian Stars though. I have been soaking mine daily and treat it pretty much like a Sulcata. Whether that is correct or not I'm not positive.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes they do. Any baby realistically needs the similar treatment of hydration. They love to be sprayed. The thing is with most baby torts, is a good majority of them even in hot "dry" climates, they all hatch out during the wet season, so in nature they will be exposed to the wet, humid environments. Thus giving us a way to recreate the baby to a good start, is to simulate nature. Soak, and spray and keep up humidity. However stars are a little more dryer than a sulcata. You can keep around 50-60% humidity and still get great results.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Thanks for all the great info on this thread. I appreciate it. I will not be getting the indian star because the guy I was getting it from sold it to someone else. I will be able to use all this great advice if I get one in the future. Thanks again!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.