1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Need list of food to be fed to 2 Indian star tortoises

Discussion in 'Indian Star and Burmese Star tortoises' started by krishi, Aug 4, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. krishi

krishi New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    mumbai
    Hi guys, i am new here i would like to ask you pros to help me on the food i give to my pet tortoises..i have two...i am not sure about their age...i got them 1.5 years back.
    I hhave been feeding them french beans almost everyday also adding okra and carrot and sometimes tomato.i read beans are bad for them:(
    I am so worried...pls help me and correct me. Snapchat-48782302.jpeg IMG_20180531_163132.jpeg Snapchat-287835988.jpeg
  2. NorCal tortoise guy

NorCal tortoise guy Well-Known Member

Northern California
    krishi likes this.
  3. krishi

krishi New Member

mumbai
    Thank you...i have now learned that my tortoises need grass asap! I will be buying some fresh grass for now and try growing it later.
    Will they eat grass readily? I read other blogs that tortoises will eat only food that was given earlier and not eat grass
  4. Maro2Bear

Maro2Bear Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
    Greetings

You will probably have to cut up any grass and other “good foods” in very small pieces and sprinkle it over the foods that you are now feeding. Slowly feed less bad food and feed more good food. Over time, you should be able to just feed good weeds and grass and flowers etc.

Good luck!