need live spineless prickly pear plants- in NV

christykindness

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fallon, NV
I am looking for some live plants, preferably with fruit. Please don't say you have pads, I've tried growing from cuts, with no luck, I'm really looking for the lazy way out here, I know when to admit I'm beat, and the darn prickly pears have me beat. My oldest gal loves them though, and I love her. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 17458364_1297706360320046_8741378302571134867_n.jpg
    17458364_1297706360320046_8741378302571134867_n.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have live spineless plants, but in order to box them up for shipping I will need to remove some of the pads. The removed pads can be used to feed your tortoises while the rooted plants get settled in and start producing new pads, I do not charge for the plants, just the cost of shipping them. I ship using the USPS flat rate boxes. You can find them on their web site to get the exact cost. The large size is under $20. I also have extra fruit that I can send also.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I am looking for some live plants, preferably with fruit. Please don't say you have pads, I've tried growing from cuts, with no luck, I'm really looking for the lazy way out here, I know when to admit I'm beat, and the darn prickly pears have me beat. My oldest gal loves them though, and I love her. Thanks in advance!
Oh come on get some pads ( don't plant them just throw them in your back yard don't water them ) in about two weeks they will start to root !

christykindness

5 Year Member
Fallon, NV
Oh come on get some pads ( don't plant them just throw them in your back yard don't water them ) in about two weeks they will start to root !
I've been trying for about five years. You wouldn't believe it, My farm is a lush green wonderland in the middle of the desert- and I can't root some lousy cactus? REALLY? LOL the irony!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I've been trying for about five years. You wouldn't believe it, My farm is a lush green wonderland in the middle of the desert- and I can't root some lousy cactus? REALLY? LOL the irony!
So have you tryed my way ? Just throw them out on the ground and don't water them and they will root !

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
I got my pads from a Mexican grocery store, 4 pads for 99cents. I put them in a clay pot, fill water, and ignore them, few weeks later I see roots then I put these in seperate pots with cactus soil and they are doing just fine.